Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

sportman13's profile

Scholar

• 

159 Messages

Sunday, May 28th, 2023 10:27 PM

Closed

Genie in another Room ?

I am a disabled person Here is my question I will have in one room Gemini and the HR44 set up in my house some one in my house uses Verizon package want to switch to Directv in another room can I do
DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54)
and
C61W Genie Mini Recievers wil iit work dose it need to be hardwired between two rooms ?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

1 year ago

You would need to add a wireless Video Bridge to your HR44 -Depending on when the bridge is located and the distance to the "other" room -to connect to the Wireless mini -(EXAMPLE) number of  walls the signal must pass thru,

No wiring would be required in the other room ---NOTE: the Wireless MINI only Talks to the Wireless bridge and does not use your current Home WIFI signal.

The other party will be using your D*TV Service and internet --NOT their Verizon package when using the NEW wireless mini --also when in use it will (TAKE) a Live tuner away from your HR44 recording schedule.

Scholar

• 

159 Messages

1 year ago

goldw1800 My set up would be Room A Gemini and HR4 hard wired Room B DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54)  will it work ?

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

1 year ago

The WVB is connected by coax to the SWM splitter so it can be in the room or nearby.  You can have up to 8 minis connected to the HR44 but only 3 can be in use at the same time and it doesn't matter if they are wired or wireless.

(edited)

Scholar

• 

159 Messages

1 year ago

shannon02
e Room A Gemini and HR4 be hard wired Room B DIRECTV Wireless Video Bridge for C41W C61W Genie Mini Recievers (Require HR34, HR44 or HR54)  be wireless or both have to be the same thing ?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

Only the Genie-2 (HS17) has the wireless video bridge (WVB) built-in. All other Genies, like your HR44 require the external WVB.

WVB is wired on the coax just like the HR44 or any other wired receiver.

The WVB is then wireless to any wireless Mini Genie Clients (C41W or C61W), or the new Gemini (C71KW, which has both wired and wireless capability).

Wireless range is up to 80 feet under ideal conditions. Nearby electronics, walls to go through, etc. can reduce that range.

Remember the Client box is still wired by HDMI to the TV and has a power plug.

The WVB is an owned accessory. Ordered through DirecTV to schedule install and the purchase (wireless setup fee) is $99.

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

1 year ago

OP the HR44 and Gemini do not work together, according to posts on SatelliteGuys. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

Fair, I stand corrected on the Gemini's compatibility with the HR44. Info on that one model is still stabilizing.

(edited)

Scholar

• 

159 Messages

1 year ago

Everyone

I have to  get

Wireless DIRECTV Genie Mini (C61W/WGM) Client and Wireless Video Bridge I have to tell DTV Genie Mini correct ?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

You call DirecTV and upgrade to a wireless Mini Genie Client for another room.

You will get either C41W or C61W depending on stock. If you do not qualify for a free upgrade, the one-time least cost is $99.

Order will include a wireless video bridge (WVB). This is an owned accessory which will be $99.

Your monthly bill will add $7 for the additional TV/client.

There will be a 24 month service agreement.

This will be tech installed so an appointment will be scheduled as part of the order.

There is no such thing as "WGM".

Hope that clears it up.

Scholar

• 

159 Messages

1 year ago

Juniper When I call DirecTV a for the wireless Mini Genie Client do I tell DTV to send it to me or do I tell em to make sure the installer ?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

@sportman13 

If you can, please stop making your text larger and then smaller with each post. Makes it a bit difficult to read sometimes.

As this is your first wireless Mini Genie Client, the agent should schedule a tech for you. If they try to end the call without doing so, stop them as that would be an error.

A wireless client is only drop-shipped if it is at least your 2nd. That is because you would be using the WVB already setup for self-install.

Scholar

• 

159 Messages

1 year ago

Jumper the reason I make r text larger and then smaller I am a disabled person I have to cut and paste as for DTV it is my first wireless genie mini I have one Genie HR44 How should I tell DTV to send it ?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

1 year ago

@sportman13 

Fair enough. Just mentioning in case it was for some other reason.

As it is your first wireless Mini Genie, the order should automatically require scheduling a tech. So the agent will go over a day and arrival time that works best for you.

Every once in a while their system has been known to default to drop ship in error. So if the order is placed, but agent didn't discuss when to schedule install, that is when you stop them and fix the order.

Naturally, review the order confirmation that is emailed to be sure all is as expected.

Scholar

• 

159 Messages

1 year ago

Juniper

I have been a customer with DTV for 30 yrs I have not had a  new equipment in 13 yrs do you have to be on a protection plan ?

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

1 year ago

No, you should have a free upgrade coming so you should only pay for the WVB. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.