Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

lbarrati's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, September 25th, 2011 3:57 AM

HBO Go Login

I cannot login to HBO GO (and I am an HBO subscriber).  The screen will go gray and the SIGN IN button will be highlighted, OR I get a message if I try to sign up that I am missing the required registration token.  I have spent an hour trying to figure out a fix and cannot.  Please help!

Expert

• 

32K Messages

13 years ago

what device are you trying to use to sign in? PC, laptop, smartphone, etc

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

13 years ago

You cannot use the sign up system.  You must go to www.hbogo.com, click the "sign in" button in the pop up, then click the tiny little "sign in" link in the upper left corner of the screen.  Then you'll select Directv, use your email address and password and viola, you're in.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

I've done that.  The HBO GO screen goes 'gray' and the only thing that I can actually click is the SIGN IN link you refer to.  It never accepts my login.  So what next?

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

13 years ago

I dunno, maybe a pop up blocker on your browser?  The final sign in screen is on a pop up.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

PC

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

It is not a popup blocker as the login box opens.  Here is a link to short jing video which records what happens: 

http://screencast.com/t/tbvHGKb4ZfY8

Expert

• 

32K Messages

13 years ago

all I see on that link is a grey screen.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

13 years ago

peds48 he clicks on a movie popup then it asks "would you like to play this episode with initiative viewing features" clicks no popup then says want more hbo  buttons for signup log in more info clicks on log in screen goes gray then asks for user name password then goes gray again that is as far as he gets

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

13 years ago

If yr running ios5 on yr iPad it's not going to work

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

13 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by jdcell100 
If yr running ios5 on yr iPad it's not going to work

The poster is attempting to sign in to HBOGo on a computer, not iPad.

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

13 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by lbarrati 

It is not a popup blocker as the login box opens.  Here is a link to short jing video which records what happens: 

http://screencast.com/t/tbvHGKb4ZfY8

I watched the vide, great post by the way, slick.  You do a lot of messing around, selecting programs etc before you sigh in.  I do see that the sign in screen doesn't seem to accept your email address and password.  Just as a test, read post #3 again and do the sign in as recommended, that is get signed in before you try playing a movie.

If that doesn't work, go to your Directv account online and change your password.  Wait an hour or two then change it back.  Again wait an hour or two and try HBOGo again.  This will force the Directv server to send fresh account information to HBO etc.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

It is definitely a setting on my computer.  I'm at work now and just tried to login on my work computer and it worked perfectly (no password change).  Now if I can just figure out how to get it to let me sign in at home!  Any thoughts now that we've confirmed it's not my login?  Thanks!

Expert

• 

32K Messages

13 years ago

what browser are you using?  I suggest you clear your cookies and internet cache files and start a fresh browsing session.  see if that helps.

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

13 years ago

And, maybe temporarily disable the firewall on the computer, making sure two aren't running.  How about the firewall in the router?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Ding, ding, ding! DirectTV peds48_installs wins the prize!  I actually figured it out after it worked on my work computer.  Two words are the reason for the issue:  FIRE.  FOX.  Solution is two words too.  INTERNET. EXPLORER.  Yay!  Thanks for your help. I'm in.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.