Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

CSOG's profile

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 23rd, 2022 4:30 PM

How do I pair a 2nd DTV remote using RF to my HR24 Receiver?

So I have a HR24 DVR receiver in my basement and its hooked up via a HDMI splitter to my Samsung TV in the basement. I recently got this newer TV and I moved my old  (not smart) Vizio TV up into my garage. I connected the HDMI from the splitter to the Vizio and using the original remote set to RF I can actually control the receiver from the garage (its adjacent to the basement location of the receiver, 5 feet away). So I bought a new RC66RX remote to use in the basement with the Samsung tv. The signal is going fine to the Samsung but I can't figure out how to pair this second remote to the receiver. I have programmed it to control the TV OK, but what do I need to do to program/pair it?  Do I press Mute and select then 981 or some similar code?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

2 years ago

If you’d like to pair this new RC66RX remote with the HR24 in RF mode ALONG with the RF remote in the garage, follow these steps.

Make sure the RC66RX mode switch is set to DIRECTV.

1. PRESS/HOLD MUTE AND SELECT buttons until you see that the DIRECTV indicator at the top blinks twice.

2. Type ‘961’ and then CHANNEL UP.

3. Enter the last SIX digits of the HR24 Receiver ID into the keypad. This can be found both on the back as well as behind the right door that says ‘PUSH.’

4. PRESS ‘SELECT’ to confirm.

If you’d like to have step-by-step instructions on the HR24’s screen, it wouldn’t work since when using the garage remote the HR24 would bug you with the message ‘Your remote is already set up for RF mode.’

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

2 years ago

can I use the DTV remote "Source" button to change source on the TVs?

There is no "Source" button on the RC66 remote. It's the "TV INPUT" button on the upper left corner. 

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

2 years ago

If the HR24 was being controlled in RF then you have to to use the front panel touch buttons to return it to IR mode first then you reprogram it to RF.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks guys... I did get it to work with two (2) remotes. One last question... can I use the DTV remote "Source" button to change source on the TVs? Seems to be a trick that I'm missing. TIA for any advice-Mike

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

2 years ago

Yes, the INPUT button on the remote changes the source on the TV. Once you pair the remote with the specific TV brand/model, it should automatically be set to program that TV’s power ON/OFF, INPUT buttons, and VOLUME control.

As far as controlling two separate remotes for two different TVs while still operating one receiver, you need to set one with the FIRST TV, THEN change the TV with the second remote to program that one. In the end, you’ll have two remotes controlling two TVs while in RF mode to control one receiver.

I know this may sound complicated. If you need me to further explain, let me know.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.