Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

D

3 Messages

Monday, February 12th, 2024 6:35 PM

How to contact engineering department.

I work for a manufacturer of a popular soundbar.  Recently DirecTV removed us from their remote programing guides.  The "codes" they listed previously worked fine.  

I would like to send DirecTV a few remotes or a spreadsheet of the hex values for IR commands.  Who do I contact?  Is their a good email address to use?  

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

6 months ago

Which manufacturer of soundbar are you referring to? How do you know that directv removed your brand from their remote programming Menu? Are you referring to DIRECTV STREAM or DIRECTV SATELLITE? 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Zvox Audio.

We have had hundreds of customers contact us in the last few months saying they updated their equipment and Zvox is no longer listed as an Audio Equipment brand.  

Most customers seem to be using the RC73 remote.  This problem seems to be with DirecTV Satellite.  

ACE - Teacher

• 

652 Messages

6 months ago

3 Messages

6 months ago

Unfortunately none of the old codes work after DirecTV updated their receivers. 

ACE - Teacher

• 

652 Messages

6 months ago

Got It.......Interesting.   Try if you can, reach DTV tech support Dept via phone.  Maybe that dept. can work with the Receiver mfg?  They do not have an e-mail address.  

directv satellite support link - Search (bing.com)

Perhaps at the prompt for the dept you want, say, "Tech support," if not already done.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.