Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

merlin88merlin's profile

Mentor

• 

160 Messages

Monday, October 23rd, 2023 6:53 PM

My Zipcode somehow was changed on Screen, How Do I get it back To home zipcode

noticed today that the weather channel was giving me weather for the west coast... I am in FL.   the zipcode some how was changed.   How do I correct the zipcode on my receiver?   when I look at the settings, it show's zero.  on weather channel they have 90245.  

receiver is HR23/700.

Accepted Solution

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

9 months ago

There could potentially be a place to put a ZIP code in, I'll confirm with you on my HR24 in a bit.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

9 months ago

It will always show 00000 as there is no need for it.  The only place to enter a zip code is on the sat setup menu page for finding the settings to point the dish.

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

9 months ago

You could try a red button reset (front behind the door that says 'PUSH' OR 'PRESS').

You can also try refreshing authorizations to the HR23 by logging into your account online at directv.com, choose 'Manage your Equipment', and 'Refresh Receiver' under where it lists the model HR23-700.

Mentor

• 

160 Messages

9 months ago

I will attempt that-was hoping to avoid doing that.  just find it odd that there isn't a place to enter the zipcode, as they usually did that when a new receiver was setup/installed.

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

9 months ago

The zip code is only used to find the dish settings and most techs have already setup the dish before they get there.  The weather zip code  setup within the app IIRC.

Mentor

• 

160 Messages

9 months ago

appears resetting the receiver is keeping the correct zip in the weather channel default.   settings for receiver still displays 00000.    thanks, detuch254.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.