Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

natgild's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Sep 14, 2021 3:31 PM

Portable dish for HR24-200

I am trying to get the following system to work...

DirecTV receiver HR24/200
with B mode converter
King Controls VQube Flex external antenna(antenna control shows it has acquired satellite)

When last used 3 or 4 years ago, I was able to get most channels on satellite 101 in normal(not HD) definition. Now when I hook it up and check the satellite transponders it looks like I am only getting signal on half the transponders. For example the signal strength on transponders 1-8 is "77 0 76 0 73 0 73 0"

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if DirecTV has changed something and the hardware is no longer compatible. Anyone working with a similar setup?

I have a Winegard Trav'ler on the roof which works great for HD but I carry the Flex as a backup in case I get parked under a tree. I am changing the satellite setup on the receiver to round dish and one tuner for the Flex.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

14.9K Messages

12 d ago

You don't need the BBC on an SD only dish and DTV is shutting down the MPEG2 SD only channels rendering that dish obsolete.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 d ago

Thanks for your reply.  Any suggestions for an accessory dish? Maybe I just need to make sujre I never get put under a tree.  

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

14.9K Messages

10 d ago

You need a SWM dish on a sled/tripod mount.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

13.7K Messages

10 d ago

You have a MPEG-2/SD-only King. That is obsolete as DirecTV is in the process of shutting down those feeds.

Going forward you need a slimline SWM dish on a tripod/sled mount, or the Winegard Trav'ler.

MPEG-4/HD is now normal. SD TVs haven't been made in over a decade and DirecTV grandfathered their SD-only service in late 2015.

So the flex is to be recycled.

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.