Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

3 Messages

Thu, May 26, 2022 1:43 AM

Since updating to the new Direct TV App I can’t see my DVR recorded shows so that I can download and watch when no internet.

I upgraded my Direct TV app on May 25th and now it says Direct TV Stream for Apple I Pad. I cannot see anything that I have recorded on my DVR. I don’t see a option to even see my DVR using the App on my I Pad. Before this change, I could see all my programs I had recorded on my DVR. Each program recorded would show a little green error under the show and let me push on the error to download the show to my Apple tablet. But, now I don’t even see my DVR much less be able to see any programs that are recorded. I can see them on my TV but nothing shows on my Apple tablet using the Direct Tv app. This really (Edited per community guidelines) since I always downloaded the programs to watch on my tablet later when I didn’t have internet while at work. Any solutions on this? I am running wireless network on my receiver and my Tv and tablet are both on the same network. 

• 

1 Message

2分前

We updated our app this week and are having the same issue. I travel frequently and always used the app to download my DVR shows onto my iPad to watch without internet while traveling. 

• 

2 Messages

2分前

I agree- I can see my DVR shows- but do not see anywhere to download them. As a frequent traveller- this is a must on an airplane!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

2分前

AFAIK it is only a bug.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

2分前

Yes, there are still several known bugs with the new all-in-one DIRECTV app for mobile and tablet devices. However, you can still access the older ‘DIRECTV On The Go’ application by simply pressing ‘Continue’ on the pop up and re-entering the old application without closing it. Works like a charm.

• 

1 Message

2分前

I use this functionality a lot also.  New app is useless if it won’t have this, and my concern us they’ll delete the old app at some point and we’ll be stuck with this new, much worse even when working app.

• 

2 Messages

6日前

I can no longer seem to download content from my DVR with the new app to watch on my iPad, which I found to be very useful. Was the old app discontinued? Very frustrating. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43K Messages

6日前

You can still download the old app. The new app still has issues. 

• 

3 Messages

6日前

To litzdog911- I called Direct TV and they said they are discontinuing the old app and I was going to have to convert. Every time I bring up the old app, a message pops up saying that I have to download the new app.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

6日前

@cspaquette press ‘Get it Now’ on the pop-up and re-enter the old app without closing it out. In other words, if you had IOS, WHILE in the old app, after pressing ‘GET IT NOW’ and being redirected to the App Store, press the home button and just click the ‘DIRECTV on the Go’ app. This way, you don’t end the DIRECTV app’s instance.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

6日前

I can no longer find the old app in the iOS App Store.  

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

6日前

Wow. Your right, the app doesn’t appear on App Store anymore. For the time being, if you don’t have the old app installed, that’s too bad. KEEP the old app guys. Unless you have an Android device which can download DIRECTV on the Go online as an APK, Apple users are pretty much stuck with the new app if they don’t have the previous one already downloaded prior to it being ‘phased out’

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.