Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

fad0496's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 9:21 PM

Using Gemini Remote to Control TV and Gemini

I have an older Samsung TV using  Gemini device to view DirecTV over the internet.  The problem I'm having is that clicking the "OFF" button on the Gemini DirecTV remote causes the following to happen: (1) the TV turns off, screen goes dark (2) TV comes back on.  I have to hit the "OFF" button two or three times to get the TV to stay off.  Is there a way to get at detailed settings for how the remote interacts with Gemini and the TV? Sometimes I have to use use the TV's remote to turn off the TV rather than the Gemini remote.    I also have the Gemini Air dropping problem where the Gemini has to be reset every morning.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 months ago

The Gemini remote sends IR codes to control the TV on/off and volume (the red light blinking).

If your TV has HDMI-CEC this maybe the problem, TV makers have different names for it. turn it off.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.