Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

c_brookhart's profile

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

Wednesday, September 25th, 2024 2:07 PM

Account login issue

I have tried without success to get DirecTV and AT&T to understand that it is very confusing using the SAME login page to access my account. When I need to view AT&T account information - I somehow end up getting logged into DirecTV. I recently messaged AT&T to get assistance and they sent the standard account authorization link. What was the end result? I managed to authenticate the DirecTV account instead? Why, because both logins have AT&T on them or rather they BOTH point to signin.att.com.

With DirecTV, I have an account that was previously associated with AT&T TV Now. I have tried to ask DirecTV to make this account go away because that account is closed. It creates confusion when I need to login to view DirecTV account information, login to authenticate TV services (like ESPN app or viewing TV content on the providers website like CBS or History or Paramount for example).

Right now, there are 3 different usernames. I don't know how I got so many. It honestly becomes frustrating when I get continued failed logins because I don't have the right username/password combination or I get logged into the wrong service. Is there not anything that can be done to resolve this?

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

6 days ago

It's really not that difficult to use separate logins for each service. The issue has been around for several years and is a known problem. If you can not handle it, then perhaps a different content provider may be your better choice. I do not see any change taking place in the near future. Sorry for your frustrations.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.