Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

W

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 30th, 2021 8:06 PM

After my bill went from $60 to $90 and I lost channels I think I would like to cancel

I can’t cancel my account, can’t get a reply from any methods you provided, you raised my price from $60 to $90 and took away hbo. And after that was promised to us back when you first took over directv, and you were having trouble competing with verizon, any of you remember that? (I have screenshots). Now I get errors when I try to cancel?? I’ve tried two different devices and get the same error on both devices. What is going on with ATT these days I’ve been a customer nearly 30 years but will not be if this keeps up.

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Lots of confusing things there...

We didn't promise you anything and we didn't take over DirecTV - we are other customers, as this is a customer to customer forum.  If you want to talk to "the company", you'll need to contact customer service.

And the company isn't AT&T.  AT&T doesn't own DirecTV any more - they spun it off as a separate company about 2 months ago.  Any issues with DirecTV today have nothing to do with AT&T.

No idea what you think you were promised when AT&T bought DirecTV (6 years ago), but it couldn't have had anything to do with a streaming service, since that didn't exist then.

What service are you trying to cancel?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.