Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

B

• 

8 Messages

Mon, Sep 26, 2022 7:32 PM

2 Remotes on 1 C71KW-400

I have a HDMI splitter going to 2 TVs on the same C71KW-400 receiver. I have 2 VRC82 remotes, 1 for each TV. They both show up as R2 in the settings. If I change the TV brand on 1 remote, it changes for both. How can I program 1 for each of the TVs? I know both TVs will show the same channel, but I want to be able to control the volume and power independently.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

2 months ago

The C71KW is a streaming box and this is the DTV sat forum try the streaming forum.

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for the input.

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I opened this question in the streaming group and Juniper closed it there as 'a duplicate thread' instead of closing it here. I probably should have closed it HERE, but screwing up is what newbies do. :-)

JAL123

Mentor

• 

111 Messages

2 months ago

Because you aren't charged per TV, and the cost of a refurbished Directv Stream box is only $50, why not just get one for the additional TV?  It's likely about the same or less costly than purchasing an HDMI splitter.   Also, because the Directv Stream Box pairs automatically with your TV, using a splitter with two TVs may be the cause of the compatibility problems you are experiencing.   

(edited)

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.3K Messages

2 months ago

@JAL123 Unless OP is concerned with data usage. Using 2 boxes would double that. 

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I'm not concerned about data usage and the cost of another box also isn't an issue. Both TVs are in the same room, by our computers. Our desks face opposite walls. Adding a 2nd box would mean that each would have to tuned separately to stay in sync. With my Xfinity setup, I have 1 box and 2 remotes. Either remote controls the common functions, but only the power and volume for 1 TV. I expected (hoped) that the DirecTV setup would work the same way.

I am also disappointed that the DirecTV box does not support 'Smart Resume' when using FF.

JAL123

Mentor

• 

111 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for clarifying.  I see your point now.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.