Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 19th, 2022 6:52 PM

DirecTV Streaming remote

Recently we changed from U-verse to DirecTV Streaming.  All has been going well until today when, for no reason, my remote will no longer control the volume on my TV.  I tried to rerun the on screen remote setup and, sure enough, it failed during the volume portion.  Is there a way to reset the remote to factory settings so I can start from scratch?  What else can I try??

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Figured it out.  I'd accidentally toggled "HDMI/CEC volume control" when I was playing with settings.  Turning this off fixed my issue.

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

What TV brand and model? Have you tried these steps to unpair and re-pair the remote?

Fix DIRECTV STREAM remote control issues

Disconnect (or unpair) your remote from the DIRECTV STREAM device.
  1. Press and hold the DASH (–) and APPSbuttons until you see the LED lights on the remote blink blue twice.
  2. Restart your DIRECTV STREAM device by pressing and releasing the red button on the side of the device.
  3. Point the remote at your DIRECTV STREAM device and press the FAST FORWARD and REWIND buttons at the same time to pair your remote with the device

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

Great! Enjoy!

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Hello 

For the last week I haven’t been able to scroll through the channels one at a time the app will ho fast through the channels and I can’t get it to stop in the channel I want. Thanks for any input 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue!   Any luck with finding a solution?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Is this with the DirecTV branded streaming device (Osprey/Gemini) or using the app on another device (Roku, FireTV, etc.)?

2 Messages

1 year ago

It’s through a roku tv.   Using the roku remote

ACE - Expert

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

This thread is about problems using the remote for (and with) the DirecTV branded streaming device, so it isn’t applicable to you. You would be best served by starting a fresh post that is specific to your problem - that would make it easier for people who know anything about the problem to find it. 

That said, I believe I’ve seen other posts discussing a problem with scrolling on Roku - so it may be something they broke in a recent release.  If so, they will hopefully fix it quickly. 

That that said, I just checked on a stand-alone Roku (so using the standard Roku remote with only a few buttons, which I assume is different from the remote supplied for Roku TVs) and I don’t see the issue - it is scrolling one line at a time. So this is possibly an issue specific to how the TV version of the Roku system is interfacing with the app, which might make it harder to get fixed. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.