Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 13th, 2023 3:40 PM

Equipment fail ,service reps are worse!

I purchased DTV stream less than 2 months ago, along with the Gemini remote equipment. I am now on my 4th device due to the remotes stop working. They will all of a sudden only allow you to move one step before locking up and it takes 1-2 minutes for it to unfreeze to move a second step. DTV claims to never have heard of this issue and their only solution is to have you unpair, reboot, check the batteries. None of which for a thing of course. They have no field techs and no senior tech staff or anyone that actually has any technical expertise to troubleshoot this so their only resolution is to send a new device all the while your without the ability to use the service because as they say it’s streaming so it’s available you just can’t access it unless you use your tv remote which works as well as blind man playing ping pong!  Therefore they refuse to credit ANYTHING to offset the costs of loss of use. Not to mention the service itself is super glitchy and has to be reset numerous times a week and it will have odd errors that come and go on a whim!  I don’t think I’ve EVER used a worse service in my 50 years! I left cable not by choice. I was being phased off Att Uverse and the cost was higher however o would pay extra to be able to go back to cable!!  

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

8 months ago

Then go with another streaming device like Roku, Fire Stick, or Apple if you still want the service. The DirecTV Stream device features are proprietary to the service only.

5 Messages

8 months ago

I’ve considered that however some of the users are not as tech savvy and fire stick and Roku aren’t use easy and direct to use as their own remotes. Not to mention if I have to use someone else’s remotes to make their service work I refuse! What a joke if your own equipment doesn’t work as well as another providers?!

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

8 months ago

Nothing that can be resolved here. We are just subscribers in a open community forum.

5 Messages

8 months ago

I’m aware just putting my two cents out there especially since DTV has absolutely no clue as to why I am having these issues I thought it best to let everyone know what they may end up in if they come for research before buying 

4 Messages

8 months ago

I had the same issue.  It was the batteries.

5 Messages

8 months ago

Wish mine were

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.