Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

L

8 Messages

Sunday, October 15th, 2023 11:44 PM

Is the stream box no longer available?

I've read that the stream box works better than a tv app, but it looks like the box is no longer available? I'm a new subscriber for a week. 

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

1 year ago

Yes, the old DIRECTV STREAM OSPREY BOX Model C71KW is no longer sold, they are now offering a smaller streaming stick known as the Gemini Air. It is identical in remote and performance to the older DIRECTV STREAM Osprey Box, but it is much more smaller and sleek.

(edited)

8 Messages

1 year ago

How do I get one? I searched the website, didn't see that. Is it still supposedly superior than using the tv app? 

ACE - New Member

• 

621 Messages

1 year ago

Go to your on line account, and select "My Devices/Manage/+Add A New Device" and select the device you want to purchase.

8 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah there's no "my devices" area at all. 

ACE - New Member

• 

621 Messages

1 year ago

Sign onto your on line account, select "Account Overview/Overview", My Devices are the second box down right under account balance.

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

1 year ago

@archer101 

I believe you are referring to DIRECTV SATELLITE, where a two year contract is required to get the DIRECTV Gemini. However, satellite service doesn't offer the Gemini Air at this time, the Gemini Air is exclusive to DIRECTV via INTERNET customers.

8 Messages

1 year ago

Fyi I contacted customer service and the only way I can get the Air device is by cancelling the account and creating a new one asking for the device, OR buying it on ebay. I'm unable to go into my account and add a device.

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm very happy with the DirecTV Stream service, and have decided to keep my account going.  I was viewing it mainly on Roku devices, but decided to try a dedicated box and purchased one on ebay.  It is a much better way to go.  The combination of the GUI and the remote make everything better.  I bought this one ( AT&T C71KW-400) (Edited per community guidelines) and hooked it up via ethernet to the family room setup.  The remote controls my Sony TV on/off and my Sony receiver on/off and volume.  It works flawlessly.  I have since purchased another one for the bedroom TV and hooked it up via wi-fi -- it too works flawlessly.

(edited)

5 Messages

2 months ago

Why do I have to reset the Gemini Air EVERY time I turn on my TV? I called DiercTV and they replaced the first one. Now, this one isn’t working without restarting same as original one I had. It’s not due to lack of wifi strength or speed.  

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

2 months ago

Explain what you mean by not working? Why you have to restart?

5 Messages

2 months ago

What I mean by “not working” is all I get is a blank blue screen. TV is on but with a blank blue screen. I have tried SEVERAL different things to troubleshoot the problem - waiting 15 min or longer to see it ‘fixes itself’ (which it doesn’t) or if I get a message of choices i.e. reset, etc - at the blank blue screen I’ve tried the home button…nothing. I get a message ‘cannot connect’. Sometimes when I hit the home screen button I’ll get the outline of selections i.e. the channel that should be on, then the different selections on the left (home, guide, etc.). Pushing the left arrow button to get to those selections doesn’t work - meaning the cursor won’t move to make a selection of home, guide, etc

I don’t have any issues with any other equipment that uses WiFi in my home and yes I have done a reboot on the router and modem to make sure those are working correctly. There isn’t an issue with WiFi strength where the Gemini Air is located. Actually, the strength of the signal is strong in that area. The Gemini is located just on the other side if the wall from the modem & router. It is not in a cabinet. No metal in the way or anything else that would hinder a WiFi signal. Ater doing the reset everything works fine. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

2 months ago

So you have a Gemini device correct? Many have reported the "no Internet connection" issue.you can search the forum to review the comments. I would suggest contacting support and report the issue. I have not seen any resolution.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

2 months ago

@pnpstrong 

First contact official support. If they cannot get it resolved then please post in a recent relevant thread or start your own. This thread is about purchasing or otherwise getting the Osprey/Gemini so is a different topic than your technical issue.

5 Messages

2 months ago

1. Juniper,
    Firstly, please do not assume that I did not contact support. I have several times. Secondly, being that you are a ‘customer’ not an employee you should read the above thread thoroughly to see that bcbsncjlj is an actual employee has replied to my issue.  Therefore, no need for your lecture. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

2 months ago

I am no employee! Stated in my footnote. ACE's are not employees

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.