Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

G

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 18th, 2024 2:23 AM

Is there a way to sign out of the Directv Stream box without it automatically signing back in?

I have an older relative who wants to try Directv Stream and they don't have a device to stream. I have 2 Directv Stream boxes that I own and thought I'd let them borrow one to use.  If I sign out on it under account it just signs right back in to my account. I did a hard reset to the box and it automatically signs back in as well. There used to be a way to sign in manually with the account information. If I go under my account under devices there's no option to disable auto sign in and no devices listed. Is there a way to not have it sign in to my account?

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

6 months ago

You can try to call customer support to have them guide you through or otherwise manually turn off auto-sign in. However, DIRECTV STREAM boxes are generally locked to your account and cannot be reused (they are bricks once you cancel). 

As a note, your relative can use a streaming device such as a Fire Stick, Roku, or Apple TV for DIRECTV STREAM service, as a DIRECTV stream box is NOT required to receive service. The only benefits of a directv stream box are a better remote with a physical Guide button and channel number keypad, as well as faster speeds. 

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

6 months ago

Yes:

1. Go to your account overview.
2. In My streaming devices' area, select manage.
3. In the auto sign-in, change the selector from Off to On.
4. Follow the prompts to complete.

It's my understanding that once you disable it then you can not turn it back on.

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

I guess I'll have to call and see if they can do it. They don't have any other devices and they are not going to buy one just to see if they like it. They will if they like it. They've seen it at my house, but not actually use it in their home. I dont have another device they can use to try it. I wouldn't say the devices cant be reused because my newest was a used device. I had no issues reusing it, but it also wasnt signed into someone elses account.

bcbsncjlj as I said in my comment there are no devices listed in my account and no way to change it as there is no selector. I do remember way back turning it off which is probably why its not showing the option, however the devices still sign in automatically.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

6 months ago

Devices are only listed in your account if they were purchased from DirecTV. If you purchased from a 3rd party like eBay or Amazon, etc. then they are not registered directly to you.

• 

7 Messages

6 months ago

I have 1 device that was purchased from DirecTV. It does not show. 

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

6 months ago

You need to contact them and get it registered to your account.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.