Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

F

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 9:48 PM

Issue with the Gemini device

I recently had DirecTV service installed for my mom's apartment.  She has 2 of the Gemini streaming devices.  The problem is they seem to go to sleep and the only way I have found to 'wake them' is to just unplug and replug the power input.  Simply hitting "ON" on the remote turn on the TV but not the Gemini devices.  

Why are they going into a "sleep" mode?  

ACE - Expert

• 

5.5K Messages

3 days ago

What do you mean sleep? The devices are set to exit after 4 hours of inactivity. You should see a message asking if you are still watching. Is that what you mean?

3 Messages

3 days ago

I explained that the device is not responsive to remote.  TV responds to pressing ON but Gemini devices are not putting out steam to HDMI port until they are reset.  

Let me add that my mom is turning off the system by just pressing off on the Gemini remote.   This just started a few days ago after some type of update by DirectTV.  

(edited)

3 Messages

1 day ago

It seems the issue is that the gemini device is taking longer than previously to connect with the wifi and download.  Looks like about 3-5 minutes before the system responds to channel input from the remote.  

ACE - Expert

• 

5.5K Messages

1 day ago

Reset the device to factory defaults.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.