Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

c_brookhart's profile

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

Monday, February 19th, 2024 12:37 AM

Multiple service issues

I supposedly have a ticket open on this but no solution has been provided in over two weeks. I'd like to know why I'm continuing to experience the following issues:

1. Randomly a pop up message occurs asking if I use this remote to control the DirecTV. It makes absolutely no difference what I answer, as it will come back the next time I turn on the box.

2. Random slow video on startup. The video is playing at slow speed sort of like frame by frame. Only way to fix this is a reset.

3. Randomly no picture on startup. Only way to fix this a reset.

I've already done a box exchange. These are all issues I had with the original box and they've all come back in the replacement box.

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

5 months ago

Solution for 1: Go into settings on your Dtv Stream device--system---remotes/devices----program your remote---then at the bottom turn off "ask to pair with new tv" Same thing was happening to me until I turned that off. 

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

5 months ago

Found that setting and turned it off. Hopefully no more prompts about setting up the remote. Now if I can get the other issues resolved, I'll have a much better service experience.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.