Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

2 Messages

Thursday, April 25th, 2024 2:48 PM

Closed

Price Increases

My package price just increased $20/mth. Does DirectTV Stream negotiate again?  I left cable to avoid this issue.  Open to suggestions.

ACE - New Member

• 

623 Messages

6 months ago

You are not going to be able to run away from it. All Cable, satellite and streaming service goes through re negotiation on a yearly basis. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

6 months ago

Price increases usually do not incur this time of the year. I am not aware of a price increase taking place. Did you receive an introductory price when you subscribed that has expired? Did you change to a different package?

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

6 months ago

It sounds like you had a promotion that ran out.  Or maybe someone ordered a Pay-Per-View.  I would look through your Account Overview and look through your Billing & Payments.  If you look under My Activity and select Adjustments it will show you if you had a promotional credit.  If nothing shows up there then I would look under My Purchases and Rentals to see if you have any charges under that. If not look to see if for some reason your subscription package changed!  Hopefully, this helps!

2 Messages

6 months ago

I had a 3 yr price guarantee that just expired. I like the service, but don’t think it’s worth $20 more than YouTube TV or other platforms. I get a good balance of the channels and sports I watch. Occasionally I have a game that YTTV doesn’t and vis-versa. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.