Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 31st, 2023 4:06 AM

Remote Voice Control

The remote has stopped recognizing voice commands.  The button functions and the onscreen response opens and responds with the suggested commands, but does not “hear” my command.  Is there a reset or some way to resume the voice recognition?

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

1 year ago

Did you restart the box? You an also go into settings--remote and re-pair it. I'd do the box restart first. Also, check the batteries if those don't work.

1 Message

6 months ago

Directv remote working except volume control. It goes up and down independently when I touch it. Have to use TV’s remote. And may I say that I strongly dislike the volume button ‘design’ on Directv’s remote?!

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

6 months ago

Have you programmed your tv brand into the settings area? Also try restarting your device---and change your batteries.

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

Did you install new batteries?  It fixed mine

2 Messages

4 months ago

We lose the voice control about every two or three days.  Have to do the pairing buttons (rewind and fast forward).  Talking with other people in our condo building they are all experiencing the same thing.  Why is this an issue with Direct TV remotes?  What is the solution.

1 Message

4 months ago

That happens to me too and I have a house in a retirement community. Also, the volume control button is NOT quality. Sorry, I'm used to Xfinity but it got too expensive. May return when so many problems arise with this. Have already returned one control. Began service in January.

2 Messages

4 months ago

our condo building began service March 1st for 60 units.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.