Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

V

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 15th, 2024 6:58 PM

Satellite Upgrade vs Streaming

Hello, I received a notice from Direct TV that my equipment needs to be upgraded. I'm just wondering what is the difference between upgraded the receiver vs going to the streaming service. I have an Amazon Fire stick already.

Is there any difference in quality/performance etc with the receiver or the streaming service?

Thank You

ACE - Sage

• 

45.7K Messages

4 months ago

We had DirecTV satellite for many years and switched to DirecTV Stream a couple of years ago when trees grew to block our satellite reception. We also have fast fiber internet and observed no quality issues or differences. So the switch to streaming really depends on your internet download speed. What do you have? Also, be sure to look at the channel lineups at www.directv.com because they're not identical between the two services. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

4 months ago

Regarding upgrading or swapping equipment, you need to be careful. Lot of scams out there, plus a lot of current agents seem to push just the absolute newest even if not better or needed.

What are the models of each box you have now? We can give guidance on any needed swaps or perhaps upgrades to consider before you call DirecTV.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.