Thinking of Direct stream.. lots of questions
Been a Direct sattelite guy for maybe 15 years. Looking to cut cost but not quality.
1. Ive noticed a little difference in quality of picture between Firestick and AppleTV. AppleTV 4K looks a little better. But hears the rub, I will need to get the Stream boxes. My wife doesnt like the way the remote works on Firestick and ATV4K.
How is picture quality thru the boxes? (I am using a LG CX OLED from about 11 feet. I can see a lot of detail.)
2. Are the stream boxes IR or RF? if the stream box is IR only, what solutions have you done for an in cabinet install?
3. Are there different versions of the stream boxes or remotes?
4. Is it better to buy a refurbished unit or new unit? (are these model year or month differences? Like there is a 2020 box vs 2022 that uses a different processor?
5. I will need to buy 3 Stream boxes. Is it better to call into Direct stream or cheaper to do it online?
6. Can you order online the diferent stream boxes (refurb vs. new)? I thought I heard they dont charge you $10 per month if you order online or something like that.
7. When I signed up for Direct stream's 1 month trial, it used my DirectTV login and PW. It appears to have brought over all my recordings. Is that normal? What happens to my recordings when I get the stream boxes? What happens when I cancel my DirectTV subscription?
8. The People's Court dilema. This is one of my wife's favorite programs. Not all the local channels I currently have on DirectTV are on the DTV stream version. This includes the channel that People's Court is recording from ... Does Direct stream also have The People's Court thru ON DEMAND? (where its not getting the recordings from the local channel).
9. Is the Direct stream wireless or you need to run a CAT5 to it for internet?
Any help is greatly appreciated.