Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

J

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 3:15 AM

Unable to set up new osprey box

Hello community! I just bought a new (never been used) osprey box from a reputable eBay seller.  After setting up the device, connecting to the internet and letting it do its updates everything goes well but then it comes to a screen that says it's trying to connect to a video bridge.  It's as if it thinks I'm connecting it to a directv satellite genie? the model for this device is C71KW-400

I have three other older boxes like this and never had this issue.  I have tried resetting the device doing both soft reset as well as a hard reset where I pushed the red button 6 times, etc.........I also chat with a representative from directv stream website and the same issue persists.  If I plug in via ethernet I get the error message 652............. I have been trying to fix this for over 3 hours now......does anyone know how I can fix this or if it can even be fixed?  any advice much appreciated.....thanks in advance 

• 

13 Messages

4 months ago

@Juniper.....thank you so much! I am fairly tech savvy and could not figure out how to fix this .  What you said now makes perfect sense.......I will return the device.

• 

13 Messages

4 months ago

@ Juniper.....thanks much again! this box is supposed to be brand new and never used which I believe it was being it was still original packing, etc........the ebay seller is reputable and does accept returns.  I have three other boxes that I bought four years ago and never had this issue........this particular box was the newest one with a release date of march of 2023 and it has the black label on the back.  I bought it because some people on reddit claims it works a little better than the older ones........I will just try to get a refund.........

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

4 months ago

Did the description for the product on ebay say which service it is for? Dtv Stream or Satellite? If not, that's on the seller.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.