Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 3rd, 2022 1:56 PM

why do I have to log on to my main tv every time then change the password?? 205.2

When I want to watch directv on my main tv, I am forced to log in, then I get error code 205.2 then I have to change my password... every time. What the (Edited per community guidelines)?

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Directv stream, from the box that they sent me

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

2 years ago

Moved to stream forum.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

2 years ago

Error code 205.2 usually appears when you try too many unsuccessful attempts to log in to the system. Did this occur?

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

No, 1 attempt (and the correct password) every time   10 so far

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

I'd say 10 is too many unsuccessful logins lol. 

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

2 years ago

Surprised your account is not locked.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve had the same problem for much of the past month. I can reset the password to the exact same password and login successfully. Then, the next day, another one of my Roku TVs has the same login issue and I go through the same routine. It appears to be on the backend in your authentication via AT&T’s system because the issue then cascades through my AT&T mail and internet service.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am going back to the other guys... this is bull! just shut off in the middle of a recorded show and asked for the password then made me change it again... absolute (Edited per community guidelines).

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

Do you have auto-sign in turned on in your account settings? It's under "my streaming devices"

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

yes I do, I have had to change my password over 30 times... Unbelievable! I have spoken with tech support 4 times... no joy. As it tells me I have too many unsuccessful logins EVERY time I turn on the tv, why even bother?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.