Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

R

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Aug 6, 2022 4:58 PM

Existing U-Verse Customer

If I add Directv Stream and keep U-Verse - am I a new client eligible for the unlimited Cloud DVR and discounts at no cost?

If I decide to continue with Directv Stream and then cancel U-Verse a month later, will I continue to have the benefit of no cost DVR, or will I be considered as Switching to Directv and lose the promotion, resulting in a charge of $10 / month for the Cloud DVR and also incur the extra cost of the current promotion for the Ultimate Package $20 off for 2 months.

As a long time AT&T Stockholder, and customer (Internet, Home Phone and U-Verse) I would appreciate an answer.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

We are customers just like you on a public forum, not part of AT&T and DIRECTV in any way. 

Yes, as long as you use a different email and name than U-verse, you will be considered a new customer and have those benefits. Cancelling U-verse will not alter these DIRECTV STREAM benefits at all.

Anyway, you can’t ‘add’ DIRECTV STREAM onto U-verse being that they are technically two different companies. TPG owns 30% and AT&T owns 70%

• 

4 Messages

2 m مضت

Thanks YouTubeTV is another alternative. It’s unfortunate that AT&T provides promotions that exclude long time customers. I appreciate your response

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

As stated before, AT&T no longer owns DIRECTV STREAM and they are two separate companies. Therefore, AT&T doesn’t decide it(any longer). No problem at all, I was glad to have cleared everything up.

• 

4 Messages

2 m مضت

Thanks for sharing that AT&T doesn't own Directv, as they spun them off.

It looks like they still have a 70% ownership and sell Directv thru their local AT&T stores. 

Still it seems it makes no sense to penalize long time customers.

In a way encourage them to shop elsewhere. 

Guess I have to do some shopping.

Thanks for your comments.

JAL123

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

2 m مضت

Just curious:  why do you want to leave UVerse for DIRECTV Stream? 

• 

4 Messages

2 m مضت

The price as U-Verse currently has a discount that will end soon + a price increase. Shopping in advance of 2023. I like U-Verse but it is over priced now and not a future option.

JAL123

Mentor

• 

101 Messages

2 m مضت

Understood.   I switched over to stream because I was tired of calling for promotions every six months and dealing with the customer service department.   I’ve been with Stream full time for a few weeks and so far so good.   Only glitch is that it says on line the HBO Max and the live channels are included in my package.   I get it through an unlimited wireless plan.    The HBO Max app works fine but I can’t see the live channels in the DIRECTV Stream Guide. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.