Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

P

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 11th, 2022 6:26 PM

Navigating on the DirecTV app running on a Samsung TV

Having a little "problem" with something that I think should be either obvious and/or simple, but I'm coming up crickets.  Is there a guide /  manual  /  something that will simply list navigation steps while using the DirecTV app on a Samsung TV?  Thing's like ... while watching go directly to the guide, or decide while watching that I want to start recording what I'm watching.   Stuff like that?

Thanks y'all

ACE - Expert

• 

6K Messages

2 years ago

There are no guides for any of the apps on specific devices. There are mixed help guides or FAQ's available on the support help site.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

The DirecTV app works on my new Samsung TV. I can change channels up or down one at a time. They appear to be in alphabetical order.

How do I go directly to a specific channel whose number I know, or see a DirecTV streaming guide? If I use the "Guide " button on the remote, I get the Samsung TV app guide. Or where does one go to find this kind of information?

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

1 year ago

@drdumont 

You can't do that with the Samsung TV App. The functions are limited by Samsung's implementation of the DirecTV Stream App and the Samsung remote control. You'll need a DirecTV Stream box (Gemini) to directly enter channel numbers. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.