Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

adgorn's profile
adgorn
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 4:35 PM

Samsung TV / DirecTV Stream issues?

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the DTVS app on a new Samsung TV?  After much ado and many months, it seems the problem with DVR playback not working has been fixed (reported extensively on Samsung forums.)  I'm still having regular episodes of the normal streamed content stopping/starting, screen going black for several seconds, delays, etc.

• 

5 Messages

4分前

I am having the same issues on my new Samsung 8K QN900A as well as my laptop using Chrome. Screen continuously blacks out. I cannot play DVR at times with 10007-013 even though I can stream from other services (netflix, Amazon Prime). When will this get fixed?

• 

5 Messages

4分前

Why doesn't Directv stream work on NVIDIA Shield TV Pro? There isn't an app? I do not want to side-load. The Samsung QN900A 8k flagship TV only has 2 GB of RAM and a 100Mbps Network Interface. It is impossible to stream with those specs. 

Almc

• 

29 Messages

4分前

Giman43 -  IMHO the group of users who've posted in this thread seem to have largely concluded - by reason of months/years passing by with no improvement nor any announcements that any fix is in the works - that DTV is apparently uninterested in solving the problem, and has no plans to correct the problematic app. They seem to want you to buy their or some other "compatible" 3rd party streaming accessory hardware, or continue to pay full price despite the faulty app.

• 

1 Message

4分前

Why can’t I just browse to the Directv website and stream on my Samsung Smart TV??

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

4分前

You have a browser loaded on your TV? Tried it? Does it work? if not then the browser is not supported.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

4分前

@melwatkins 

Watching DIRECTV STREAM on a browser is what you do on a computer/laptop, not a TV. On a dedicated box (Roku, etc.) or the "smart" TV itself, you are using an app.

If you have DirecTV on the other hand, you are not allowed to have a free TV on the service. You must pay for an authorized TV per receiver/client as that is how the satellite provider works. I mention as you say "Directv website", which could be either DirecTV or DIRECTV STREAM.

Ludwick577

• 

1.7K Messages

4分前

I have a Samsung 4k tv and I can cast the Directv stream website from my Chrome and Edge browser to my tv. 

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

4分前

Fair enough if DIRECTV STREAM allows casting to TV, but again you are not using a "browser" on the TV itself.

It is knowing what is compatible and supported, whether you like it or not.

Ludwick577

• 

1.7K Messages

4分前

I didn't say I was using a browser on my tv. I said I was casting to my tv using a computer browser. And I was just trying to inform OP that you can do it b/c OP has a Samsung tv as well.

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

4分前

True but there are browsers available for streaming devices. Not very useful and want stream the service but they are there.

Ludwick577

• 

1.7K Messages

4分前

I also have a Samsung tv and using it's browser is just as futile as using the Samsung TV Dtv Stream app. It's easier to just project/cast from a computer or phone to Samsung tv's. 

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

4分前

Even Fire Sticks have a built-in browser that is used for connecting to hotels, etc.

Ludwick577

• 

1.7K Messages

4分前

Samsung tv internet browser doesn't even work with Dtv Stream. And it is the only web browser available on Samsung tv's. Also, firesticks don't have any compatible browsers either you would have to sideload one.

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

4分前

Basically they are unsupported browser due to OS code.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

422 Messages

4分前

Displaying streaming video likely requires the HTML5 Media Source Extensions and Encrypted Media Extensions, as well as the appropriate codecs, and possibly other bits. Those things aren't  part of the fairly minimal browsers embedded in TVs and other devices. Even for browsers that do support those, there is enough flexility in the standards that there are often compatibility issues - that’s why they say only certain (computer) browsers work for the website, though that has gotten better and more than they say actually do work.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.