Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

L

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, September 6th, 2022 3:26 AM

starlink and diret tv stream not working

i have starlink and my direct tv stream was working for over a month then today 09/05/2022 it stopped and direct tv stream is giving me an error to try again later or that "your network conditions may be degrading your video stream" and then i cannot get any content. it wont even start the app. I am frustrated. can one help me with this error or do i need to cancel service. 

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

@KBo i also prefer the channel lineup of Directv and having been using the VPN workaround...I access thru a firestick and have only had 2 blips with the VPN app.  I have tried to get Starlink to change my POP  from Hawthorne (LA), to something like Denver, since all the posts of lost access revolve around the CA POP.  Starlink has turned me down, but I have explained my reasoning to them requesting it again.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

TroyClark, My brother lives right next door, here in California, on top of a Mt. I just cant figure out WHY his is getting DirecTV Stream, while mine does not. He has been on vacation, so Starlink has not been being used much, if at all. That is why I asked if it could be an update issue. I use Starlink everyday, so...........Hummm

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

@rockyptjoe I tried the Express VPN App for which I have a subscription thru my firestick but it doesn't help :(

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

@Sacto_Ray try Purevpn or Proton VPN.  They both have firestick apps.  Only 2 blips with Purevpn in a week....just restarted the firestick and back to viewing.

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

@rockyptjoe will do tonight, thanks

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Rockyptjoe, that sounds like a creative work around.. keep us posted on how that works for you getting your POP moved

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

Got another message from Starlink that they are aware of the problem and their network engineers are looking into it.  At least getting a response from them contrary to the lack of anything from Directv support.

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

I'm back online with Directv Stream.  Doesn't appear that I was switched to another POP.  PC, android phone and firestick all working.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

@rockyptjoe Think this was a possible fix by Starlink or DirecTV Stream?

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

@bcbsncjlj no idea....the only REAL responses from any Support was from Starlink.  I don't consider the "support" individuals on this forum as "support"...  BTW, my POP on Starlink has not changed...

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the update and your input.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Magic. My signal is back. Now, how about an explanation and partial refund?

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

2 years ago

From who? No one has any idea on which party resolved the issue! Hold the blue till some facts are discovered.

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Well when I got home last night my DTV Stream was still not working, I was able to engage my ExpressVPN APP and success DTV worked! I disconnected the VPN before retiring for the night and this morning the DTV Stream was working without the VPN. Go figure.

(edited)

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Working here too. Seems like it was an IP issue.

Before it broke, I was at 98.97.141.X, then I went to 98.97.142.X (and it broke), and now I'm back on 98.97.141.X.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.