Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

L

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, September 6th, 2022 3:26 AM

starlink and diret tv stream not working

i have starlink and my direct tv stream was working for over a month then today 09/05/2022 it stopped and direct tv stream is giving me an error to try again later or that "your network conditions may be degrading your video stream" and then i cannot get any content. it wont even start the app. I am frustrated. can one help me with this error or do i need to cancel service. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

2 years ago

I beieve this problem is now resolved. And contrary to what some people had commented, it was the Aces on this web site that contacted the correct people at Directv. They then worked with the Starlink people to find and solve the problem. And yes, it was apparently an IP issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

The IP assigned by Starlink misrepresenting where the user was located. So the issue did start on Starlink's side. But glad the two got together on the backend to resolve.

Anyone having a similar issue with another ISP will want to check the IP information in case it is the same root cause. But at least we know it is not a problem across the board for DIRECTV STREAM as some might try to claim.

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Did my comment really get deleted? What was wrong with it?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

2 years ago

I read it before it was deleted and could not see any major problems. I don't know who deleted it.

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

FYI, I called in and got a $25 credit. I did have to go through the whole line of questioning that it must have been my ISP and not DTV, but eventually I lead the CSP to this thread to convince them there was indeed an issue.

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

Things are working again on this end as well. Juniper, where did you get the information about what happened? Should that not be the responsibility of @DirectTVhelp? In any case, thank you for keeping this forum civil.

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Confirmed I'm running too

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I got some money back too.  Glad this issue got worked out too.  We give these guys a lot of criticism but there are good people in every company who do the right thing.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

2 years ago

This is obviously outside DirecTVHelp's pay grade. The ACEs have their own private forum where we bounce ideas around on issues like this and someone came up with a private contact inside DirecTV.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

got a $25 credit for my account, by bringing this to their attention. :)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.