Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

R

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 22nd, 2020 6:37 PM

771 signal loss

A few weeks back I had a service rep come to my house.  He stated that my receiver needed to be either mounted on my roof or moved.  Mounting on my roof is not an option.  He suggested moving to the center of my yard.  Again, not an option.  Said a neighbors trees were the problem.  My neighbor has cut trees back and I’m still having issues.  I am not getting my Hallmark movies channel at all.  I keep getting this message along the bottom of my screen and then a still picture advertisement for HBO or another movie channel will pop up.  Oddly these advertisements are crisp and clear.  
For the first time ever, I did not get a survey or a call asking if I were satisfied with the service call or the person who came to my home.

i was not.  He was rude.  He did not wear a mask.  He was supposed to be here between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm, but did not come until 6:30 pm.  Yes, I was notified that he would be later than planned.  He seemed to be angry that he was still working at 7:00 pm.  
I asked him if Direct internet service was available for my home.  He did not answer.  
Again he was rude.  Can someone direct me to getting my service restored?  

Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

directv does not provide internet services, when i got my 771 error it ended up being a loose coax connection at the wall plate

ACE - Professor

• 

52 Messages

4 years ago

A 771 error is usually dish alignment or obstruction, which you describe. If you're unable to get a completely unobstructed view of the satellite, then you can experience intermittent errors where you get some transponder signals better than other ones; some channels might be good, others not so much. As @Constructive  mentioned, it can also be caused by loose cable connectors or damaged cables.

To see if AT&T Internet is available at your address, go to this link and enter your address to see all available services.

• 

1 Message

The dish alignment may be the issue, but my question to the technician was it wasn’t an issue yesterday or for the last 10 years, why now?

ive called them and spent 2 hours on the phone (arghhhhh)!!  And they are coming again tomorrow.  

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

Those pop up ads are downloaded from the internet, you should be still covered under the 90 day service warranty.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.