Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

easterpotato's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 19th, 2019 5:25 PM

AT&T DirecTV loop issue

I spoke with the 25th tech support person yesterday.  I started chatting and calling last Friday while trying to setup firetv.  This last person finally admitted there was a problem instead of moving me to the next support tech.  My original call yesterday was to billing department to explain I didn't want to pay full price for Directv next time.  They can't expect me to pay premium price for sub-standard service.... right?  That worked like a charm.  (satanic no help at all charm) she said hold please...  she transferred me to tech support.  ***! I call right back and tell them to not renew Sunday ticket, shut down the HBO and Showtime package.  Right back to support I went but this was number 25.  She gave it a name LOOPING and didn't push me to the next, and the next blah blah...  

I'll call back next week because I didn't get the email from the "escalation" crew she said would come.  How do these people sleep.   Please find answer.  This redhead wants satisfaction.  I want what other people have.  

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

Not exactly sure what you're asking.

If you want to cancel some of your channels, call DirecTV at 1 800 531 5000 and say "Cancel" at the voice prompt.  Expect some hard selling to change your mind. Just be polite, patient and firm. 

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I want my problem fixed without the lies of return phone calls, emails, and fake supervisors.  All theses people told me to rest assured we can help.  There are millions of people with directv that CAN stream hbo, starz  or even log onto directv.com.  There are some that can’t including me.  Why can’t I have the service I pay for?  

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

What problem?  You haven't provide any details ....

Symptoms?  Equipment model numbers?  

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I can’t log into directv.com is pretty much the main problem.  I loop back to AT&T overview page

If I go to HBOgo.com, Starz.com, or various other websites I cannot sign in.  When asked for TV provider I choose Directv (which I’ve had for ages) then when I enter the account info it takes me back to AT&T site.  I can’t even get the Watch Tv let no to work on myAT&T page.  

There is no equipment or model info to provide.  If I am posting to the wrong area let me know where it should be

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@easterpotato wrote:

There is no equipment or model info to provide.  If I am posting to the wrong area let me know where it should be

No DirecTV equipment?  Do you have DirecTV Now streaming or satellite equipment?

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We have DirecTV satellite dish at our home but I'm pretty sure my receivers have no bearing on this issue.

I can't stream on my pc or ipad because I can't log into DirecTV.com anywhere. Per tech support advise I tried several PC's at work and had the same problem. Chrome, Explorer and Safari have all been tried and failed.  My Directv app on my phone and ipad does not allow me to log in now.  I could at least do that before I started chatting with tech support on 11th. I've tried DirecTVNow also on phone, ipad and firestick and it wont wont allow me to log in either. I get the "id doesn't match records" error message if i use access ID.  If I use email as login info I get "failed:something went wrong try later" with a code of  100001.  The Watch TV link on my AT&T overview page will not allow a login either.

Summary: Login fails on DirecTV.com and DirecTVNOW.  No access on any internet dohicky with my AT&T credentials 

HELP PLEASE

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

They can't help you and don't really give a S&$%^.  I haven't been able to log into the directv site for 2 years now.  Just that same bullsh&t loop.  I've spent countless pointless hours in conversations with them, and all they tell you is that they're working on the problem for you.  

Since my credit card on file expires next month, and I can't log in to change it.  Maybe they'll figure out a way to fix it so I can pay them

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

I have been thru this the last three weeks. They have zero ungency and just don't care. I have spoken to eight different customer service and tech reps. Subject: the dtv everywhere site not workong since the switchover to att account. I have three escalation tickets. One from a year ago on another subject. They mean nothing. I'm giving them the chance at my expense to fix their issues, or I'm saving money by going to cable as recomended to me by one of the forum staff here.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.