Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 4:46 PM

Auto record all games based on team

Can you add the feature to record all the games based on team? Right now it’s just record all the episodes in a series so for nba basketball for example, I select that and it will record literally ever basketball game for the nba. I just want my team. This is a feature in literally every other tv/streaming service so it shouldn’t be hard to add

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

3 years ago

Whether it’s hard to add or not, customers have been asking for this for years so don’t hold your breath. Besides, supposedly it’s possible to do what you want with keywords. Perhaps one of the experts can explain how they do it.

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

You might try Menu -> Discover -> Sports -> My Teams -> Team Pages -> Select Team (or go back and add your team if not there) -> Team Record.

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

3 years ago

@cms725 What receiver do you have? No menu like that is on either of my receivers.

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

It may be an older receiver, not sure, but I assumed the menus were all the same.  Maybe one of the experts can confirm.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

3 years ago

My HR24 doesn't have it either.

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

3 years ago

Maybe one of the experts can confirm.

@cms725 Not without knowing what receiver you have. Can’t you identify it?

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

My account says Model: HS17-100.  Not sure if this is the right answer.  I was just trying to be helpful.  I'll let Directv take it from here.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have struggled with this for months and search all over the forums. And I think I have an answer.

go to search and type in the name of your team (“golden state warriors”). Then, crucially do a KEYWORD search. It will then let you select genre (sports) and sport (basketball). You can then tell it to record all shows that match the keyword. 

You’ll get a couple randoms in there (“warriors postgame live”) but it will catch the games. I set it to keep 10 episodes, first run only, recording +30mins. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.