Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

dhurley74's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Mon, Sep 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Can No Longer Record One Show While Watching Another Since Moving

Up until I had my service moved to the new home this month, I was able to record a TV show while watching another. I can no longer do that. I have to watch what is being recorded. I have the same receiver, but before the move I had two cables coming in from the satellite. Now I have one cable coming to some sort of converter box. How can I fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

213 Messages

3 m ago

This is happening because your receiver thinks it is still connected to an 18 inch satellite dish which DOES require two coax cables to be connected to the receiver in order to operate. The technician most certainly updated your dish upon the move to a new DIRECTV slimline with a SWM LNB. SWM does NOT require two different coax cables to be connected to the receiver in order for both tuners to operate. Only one coax needs to be connected for two tuners, as long as the power inserter (OP Referred to as ‘converter box’) is plugged in at all times. In order to change the settings, please do this.

1. Click ‘Menu’ and Scroll Down to ‘Settings and Help’

2. Go into ‘Settings and Help’ by clicking the right arrow and select ‘Settings.’

3. Scroll down to ‘Satellite’ and select ‘Repeat Satellite Setup.’

4. Click the dash button and select the LNB as SWM SL3 and make sure the tuner is selected as ‘DUAL’ and NOT ‘SINGLE.’ Also make sure that the switch type is ‘SWM.’

5. Click ‘Recheck SWM’ if the CONTINUE button is grayed out and once that has been checked, please click ‘CONTINUE.’

6. It should receive satellite info, run some data and guide feed tests, and restart the receiver due to the change in the parameters. The receiver should restart and you should NOT unplug it during the process.

7. Once it has booted up into the Guide, you should now have that functionality back.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 m ago

Can you post a picture of this "converter box"?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

3 m ago

You should also identify what receiver you have. Your receiver has two satellite inputs, so you either need two cables going to your receiver like you had before or your receiver and that “converter box” needs to be SWM capable. 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m ago

This is the "converter box" that was installed after I moved. The receiver is a HR24/500. I'm assuming it's not the newest receiver. The dish is a Slimline, different from the 18" one I had before moving. I hope this will help pin down the problem, and that I'll again be able to record a show while watching another like I did before. Thanks in advance for any help.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 m ago

That appears to be a newer version of the power inseter for a SWM LNB on the dish arm. To confirm is there a green light and it says "To SWM" and "To IRD" where the coaxes are connected or are those pictures it is hard to tell? If so the the coax has all the tuners covered so check to make sure the the coax is connected to the Sat/SWM1 post on the HR24 and then rerun sat setup and make sure it is setup for duel tuners.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 m ago

DTV receivers auto detect a SWM system so it should have already selected the SWM LNB dish.

(edited)

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

213 Messages

3 m ago

Well maybe but I have found that the receivers throw error 775 so maybe not LOL 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m ago

Thank you both so much. I will try the steps listed above in the a.m. in case I run into a problem late at night. I'll post the results as soon as I do. I very much appreciate the advice and assistance from you both. 

Wish me luck. 😉

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

3 m ago

I got into Settings and changed the tuner to Dual, as it was set on Single. So far it seems like it's working. I've tried recording a show and was able to change the channel without any messages popping up. Thank you so much, detuch254! Thank you also, Shannon02, for your help and advice. 

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

213 Messages

3 m ago

No problem @dhurley74

I'm glad you are back to dual tuners with your SWM system! Feel free to message back on this thread if you continue to experience issues with your tuner and we are more than happy to assist you further! Thank you and have a great day!

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 m ago

You are welcome.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.