Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

greenvms's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 8:17 PM

Free ANTENNA due to loss of local channels

I live in the Greenville, Mississippi area.  On February 23, 2019 we suddenly could not receive any of our local channels through Direct TV.  I understand that Direct TV is offering to send free antennas to their customers affected by this loss.  How do I go about receiving one?  I have tried calling, but do not have hours to spend waiting to speak to a human being.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

DTV is testing their LCC device in Las Vegas and Salt Lake that comes with a flat antenna that may work but you have to call to see if DTV will allow it to be sent to you as they may not extend the test market to your area as they did with Salt Lake when their NBC affiliate pulled their feed.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I received my free antenna to allow me to get CBS and the CW channels.  I've connected it as directed and still do NOT get these channels.  I've checked and double checked the installation and it is correct.  I need a solution.  They tell me that DIRECTv has reached a settlement with the owner.....I'm still seeing the disclaimer that says otherwise on my screen. I'm paying for them each month despite not getting the service.  Giving me a discount on premium channels does not solve the problem and was not requested.  Get me answers please.

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Unless you happen to live next to the transmission tower the antenna will likely not work. I've seen a matrix, believe it was a link somewhere on AT&Ts site, that shows by zip code and station, the signal strength. Have seen another that indicates whether you need an indoor, attic, or outside antenna. They sent me an antenna even though the signal strength here (for Fox) indicates the antenna won't work. If AT&T didn't purchase and send out useless equipment they could probably afford to pay to get us our channels (which they contend were not promised).

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks. This is what I suspected. I’m still Pod

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

Those flat panel antennas will typically work to 15/20 miles although it's dependent on terrain 

diana - what's your zip code

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 years ago

CBS has returned the feed to their owned affiliates but DTV has not reached an agreement with Nexstar owned affiliates.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.