Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

eric032706's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 1:00 AM

HD Quality of Directv vs Dish channels

I just wanted to know from a technical point of view, if the HD quality of the channels on Dish is as good, better , or worse than Directv.  Also, what about a basic standard HD DVR for only 1 television.  Because I am SERIOUSLY considering switching satellite companies.  I am at my wits end with the lack of channels in HD that I, personally, want to see, but are not available on DTV.  Dish has AMC, BBC America, E!, G4,  History International, Headline News, Nat Geo Wild, TruTv, and Turner Classic Movies.  Granted, these are the channels that I watch and that interest ME , so if others do not like these channels, I completely understand ( DTV has a lot of HD sports, but I am not a big sports fan).  So, what I really want to know about is channel compressions and picture quality, and which DVR is most reliable, easy to use, and channel switching smoothness. Because I have been patiently waiting for new HD channels with no word from Directv, yet Dish just keeps adding channel after channel.  Finally, I live in the 93705 area, if that makes a difference.  

No Responses!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.