Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Nov 24, 2021 6:24 PM

macOS, OSX and iOS Streaming

VideoGuard 13 on macOS Monterey, Big Sur or anything back to OSX Yosemite....whats the deal? Do we just pretend to install something and then continue to ask for it to be installed? The infinite loop of "you need this, you got this, it's done, congratulations, do it again" is getting old. Also...the iOS App does not allow play. If you're trying to force people in the Apple EcoSystem to use DirecTV Stream....could you just be honest and tell us? It would save me an hour a year pretending I'm doing something on my computer.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 d ago

Not sure what you're doing. This is the DirecTV Satellite, not DirecTV Stream. There's a separate forum for DirecTV Stream. 

• 

2 Messages

2 d ago

@litzdog911 - I am using (not using) the DirecTV App for their Satellite Service that I have had for 15 years. Over those year I have used their App and Web Site to "stream" live content, recorded content and on demand content. I understand the confusion you have with the word "stream" since its also being used as a marketing term by DirecTV. Here is the point: The DirecTV App no longer works for streaming activities for the iOS. It does not work on any of the top four web browsers under any macOS and has not worked since OS 10.10.x Yosemite. Simply put, they pretend to offer a product that works on macOS and iOS for people who are subscribed to their Satellite offering. The product does not work. It does not work on the same network as a connected DVR from DirecTV. Not while away from that network and using any of the current Apple platforms. I think the real issue is that the words "ACE" and "Sage" have  become euphemisms for "Apologist" and "Defender".

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

2 d ago

The DirecTV App no longer works for streaming activities for the iOS.

Still works fine for me.

I think the real issue is that the words "ACE" and "Sage" have  become euphemisms for "Apologist" and "Defender".

That was a totally uncalled for cheap shot.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

2 d ago

Still works for me, too. Without more details about your equipment and the exact errors you're seeing, it's hard to offer any advice. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.