Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

E

• 

4 Messages

Friday, November 11th, 2022 8:57 PM

NHL Center Ice games blacked out on the New Directv IOS App

I subscribe to NHL Center Ice and have the HR54 DVR. Directv has a completely new Mobile App and I am not able to watch any of the available Center Ice games while using the app in my house - the DVR and Mobile Device are on the same network. This used to work last season with no problems while using the old Directv App which is no longer available. 

Here are the problems:

1. The NHL Center Ice channels (>769) are shown in the app as "Not Available for Streaming" - so you have no ability to stream these channels in the new app.

2. If you turn to a channel that carries the game, e.g. MSG (634) the games are blacked out for streaming - ALTHOUGH the game is NOT blacked out on TV (via HR54). The message you receive via the app is:  "Broadcast provider has restricted access to this program." I subscribe to this channel and it streams fine with the App for other programming (i.e. not NHL games). The same happens with other sports channels (again I subscribe to them) when NHL games are on.

So although I have paid extra for this service and as mentioned, it worked with the old Directv app, it does not work with the new app, so I have basically paid for something that is unusable. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

2 years ago

This could be part of the bugs in the new app.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

This issue has still not been resolved after 3 months. The NHL Center Ice games are still blacked out when trying to use the new Directv App on IOS. And as I have detailed, this was previously working with the old Directv App. This is the message I see when using the app to watch a hockey - watching on my tv is no problem:

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.