Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

R

3 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2023 3:14 AM

switching between NEWSMIX channels

I have direct TV satellite,  samsung smart TV, and for many months/years channel 200 has 6 news channels 'NEWSMIX', and the TV controller allowed me to move between them and hear that one station, -and a blue box surrounded the picture out of 6 that provides the sound. Now it no longer allows me to move, stays permanently on CNN for sound. Instead when i press right button it brings a suite of 5 possible DTV apps options on the right side.  Other TVs in my home on the same DTV incoming box work fine in allowing switching between the 6 channels.  How to restore the moving between channels please?

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

9 months ago

Have you tried a red button reset?

3 Messages

9 months ago

Thank you.  I did that on the local DTV connection box beside the TV (not the incoming box where the signal comes in to the house), each TV has its own smaller box,- i pressed the red reset button on that.  -the other TVs work fine on NEWSMIX. I wonder if it is some setting..  I can try red button again..?

3 Messages

9 months ago

I pressed the red button again, no change.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

9 months ago

Try the main Genie.

1 Message

3 months ago

I have the same exact situation and I have a Sony smart tv. Works on all the tv’s except the main one. It’s been six months since you posted your question, have you resolved it yet? 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.