A

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 15th, 2022 4:53 PM

Closed

DIRECTV dropping OANN?

How could you bow down to the WOK cancel culture demands to dropping OANN?  They do not lie!  The "big lie of the 2020 election" is absolutely true. There is mountains of evidence of the election steal. All the misinformation comes from liberals not conservatives!  My husband and I will be dropping Directv if you go thru this in April. I will convince all our friends and family to do likewise. This is an attack on freedom of speech and our country. Shame on you!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

CANCEL CULTURE IS UNACCEPTABLE. 

I WILL NOT USE DIRECT TV AND CANCELED ATT

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled CANCEL CULTURE

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

It's not "DIRECT TV". It's "DirecTV Stream". Great and now move on to new adventures.

For DirecTV Satellite, call 1-800-531-5000.

For DirecTV Stream, call 1-888-429-4023.

Facebook: https://facebook.com/directv/

X: https://x.com/DIRECTVhelp

Instagram: https://instagram.com/directv/

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Cannot understand why you would remove such a wonderful network? 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Please don’t remove OAN ! I love this network!

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

Move on it's over. Besides you are only communicating with other subscribers here in a open community forum.

*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Support free speech, not censorship by keeping OANN News on the service!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Don't Cancel OANN News!

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

Get over it. It's already happened.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Support free speech, not censorship by keeping OANN on the service!!

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Note: AT&T owns DirectTV.  Guess who heads AT&T?  The same man (an Obama appointee) who until 3 days after the election headed the hedge fund that held DOMINION. 🎯🚨🚨 Dominion is suing OANN 🚨🚨

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I will leaving AT&T and directv if they drop OAN you can’t cancel us conservatives and think we will not take action 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Directv dropping OAN

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It has just come to my attention that DirecTV will be dropping the One America Network (OAN) channel. Is this true? It is one of the ONLY channels that reports facts and data with no political overtones. Can you please explain why this is happening? My family has been DirecTV subscribers for over 20+ years now .... PLEASE do not make this political. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled One America Network

• 

2 Messages

We have had Directv for almost 30 years- started when it was PrimeStar in 1993. I have never thought of leaving Directv til now. Last I knew our zip code was not in China- so why are you dropping  OAN?! ATT is bending to the left too much - since our choices are limited in rural America, and rural America is in large part (Edited per community guidelines)- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to think maybe you may lose a a LOT of subscribers ! There are other choices in viewership now! Wake up Directv/ATT- keep OAN and other (Edited per community guidelines) networks available- or I for will no longer be a subscriber !!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Please do not cancel OAN. We enjoy its well balanced programing. Doing so would seriously make me consider canceling Direct TV and opt for streaming services. We enjoy DTV service and would not want to go elsewhere.  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Canceling One American News (OAN)

• 

2 Messages

As a longtime customer of Direct TV, my wife and myself are opposed to any efforts by AT&T to censor OAN News.  A balance of news coverage is always informative and stimulating.  If AT&T does take this action and removes OAN News from their coverage, we will cancel our longtime afflation with Direct TV. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Do not cancel OANN. I have been a DTV customer also for many years even though you are the highest priced of all the services. if you cancel the OANN network I will leave and go to spectrum which is offering a great new pricing package. I will use Klowd tv to stream OAN to my TV. Also be aware the younger folks are using Hulu and Roku and others so you will not get that market unless you come up with some new ideas.

Your market is 40-70 which you will lose about 20% if you decide not to cover both sides of the news.  I will drop my subscription as well as my brother in law as soon as we see OAN is gone.  Fair warning because I like DTV.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled One America News Network Cancellation

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Pay attention to the OANN post, please.  Thank you for support from IT165N for all his support to help me get here.  I think this decision by DTV will is very important as you will lose a good percentage of your audience if we cannot hear both sides of the news.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled OANN Cancellation

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Stop the censorship.   Drop OAN and I'll be dropping you and ATT.  Simple solution

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I've heard that OANN will be dropped.  In light of the situations on a similar channel, CNN, involving Jeffrey Toobin and Andrew Cuomo, I find that unacceptable.  I hope you reconsider.

If DirecTV was smart, they'd become the hub for content, whether satellite or streaming.  Putting a variety on the most limited spectrum and hooking up viewers to streaming content when appropriate.  I'm sure this could be done and profit sharing agreements worked out with content creators.  DirecTV could be the marketplace for this sort of thing, if you could catch a vision of what your company  could be.

All the best.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Is it true that One America News Network is getting dropped?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

It will not end with their demands to drop OAN....  The news is the fourth arm of government. It has enjoyed freedom of speech and taken it seriously because both sides of an issue or problem or situation, needs to be heard and vetted. It is Move On.org and other fringe organizations tied to Soros that is promoting these online petitions. And what has come into play these days, is CEOs who do lean left AGREEING and CAVING into these submissive and suppression demands. We best heed what history has taught us.... Because we are on our way to repeating it if we don't. It use to be, if you didn't agree you could walk away... Now if you disagree, you shut down and destroy the opposite opinion... We are in a dark place in our country's history and CEOs need to look into their souls and do some soul searching. Diane McLellan

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am extremely upset that you are NOT-Renewing the  OANN channel this year (2022)?  My question to you is why? It's one of the very few channels left that are not infected with this WOKE culture (Edited per community guidelines). It's so obvious that the instruments of the Swamp's power (read: large corporations that do the woke/communist bidding for the Swamp) are afraid to disseminate information that conflicts with the Swamp's narrative.  Why do you think DJT is so popular? It's because he doesn't LIE to us or distort reality through some (Edited per community guidelines) politically correct filter.  I strongly recommend that you reconsider this decision, otherwise I feel there will be a mass exodus for people that DON'T want to be brainwashed.  Restore OANN for 2022!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Why are you cancelling OANN? GO WOKE---GO BROKE!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I use Directv stream at this point and there are many other competitors to chose from where I can obtain the same lineup probably at cheaper price. If Directv drops OAN I will be looking at the alternatives. I don't agree with these WOKE policies

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.