A

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 15th, 2022 4:53 PM

Closed

DIRECTV dropping OANN?

How could you bow down to the WOK cancel culture demands to dropping OANN?  They do not lie!  The "big lie of the 2020 election" is absolutely true. There is mountains of evidence of the election steal. All the misinformation comes from liberals not conservatives!  My husband and I will be dropping Directv if you go thru this in April. I will convince all our friends and family to do likewise. This is an attack on freedom of speech and our country. Shame on you!!!!

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I have just learned that AT&T will not be renewing OANN contract in April. I believe this voids my contract with AT&T since this channel was an option so I agreed. You cannot change a contract and think that its still valid. Any time you walk into court with a signed contract you have to go by whatever it says in that contract. Any changes voids the contract.

If AT&T wants to cancel this network due to their "misinformation" then they shouldn't carry any news network because this is freedom of the press. The press isn't suppose to judge the news, they are supposed to report it. Hence the word 'reporter' not 'judge'. I will be canceling my account if this change happens. I will not pay any fees they try to push in me. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled OANN Contract

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We will be cancelling all our accounts as well if OANN Is cancelled. It is the main station we watch all day long.

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for many years now and have learned that You might be cancelling the OAN Network? If that happens, I will definitely be cancelling my account with DirecTV.  I know that there are a lot of other subscribers who feel the same way. Please do not let this happen.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled OAN

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for many years now and have learned that You might be cancelling the OAN Network? If that happens, I will definitely be cancelling my account with DirecTV.  I know that there are a lot of other subscribers who feel the same way. Please do not let this happen.

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

showing your true colors!!! getting rid of OAN! go (Edited per community guidelines) yourselves!! say goodbye to me and my contracts and thousands of subscribers......

• 

4 Messages

awsome

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

If AT&T does not renew OAN because of their so called political view I will change to another TV service.  I watch this channel a lot and want to continue to be able to.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cancelling OAN channel from DIRECTV

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

3 years ago

@streamer22 

This does not void your contract. All TV providers have a clause that states that programming and channels may change at any time. Your being upset does not change the Terms of Service.

There is never a guarantee you get any particular channel for any length of time.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have been a Direct TV customer for years. One of the main reasons I have the service is to be able to have access to news from alternative news sources like OAN news. I now am going to have to seriously think of canceling the service since they now are going to cancel a station that many people enjoy to recive thier news from. Sham on you Direct TV.  Just provide us a service,  don't play politics. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Canceling OAN news, shame on you

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I will leave Direct TV if so.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Are you dropping OAN?

• 

342 Messages

Dan Ball reported on his show that in April 2022 OANN and AWE will be dropped from DirecTV's lineup. 

AT&T is not renegotiating its contract with Herring.

We will be leaving DirecTV as well. 

ACE - Expert

• 

296 Messages

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

If AT&T and direct tv cancel OAN, my entity will file a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) against you for violating the first amendment in our Bill of Rights. I promise you, you’ll pay more in litigation than you’ll be able to stand. I promise. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cancelling OAN

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am very unhappy with Direct TV's decision to cancel OAN News. I will also be looking for a new carrier. Why does Direct TV have the right to censorship?  Go WOKE and go broke !

• 

3 Messages

Exactly.  Now Direct is going into the censorship business.  Very disappointed.  We will be also looking for a different provider.  They should cancel all news channels if they cancel even one new channel. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am very unhappy with Direct TV's decision to cancel OAN News. I will also be looking for a new carrier. Why does Direct TV have the right to censorship?  Go WOKE and go broke !

• 

3 Messages

Exactly.  Now Direct is going into the censorship business.  Very disappointed.  We will be also looking for a different provider.  They should cancel all news channels if they cancel even one new channel. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I don't watch OAN regularly, but I am disgusted by DirectTV and corporate parent AT&T capitulating to special interest groups to ban a network.  If you don't like it, don't watch it.  I'll be looking for another phone service now.  Businesses should not be CENSORS!!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled DirectTV should not engage in CENSORSHIP---Bring OAN Back!!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I really hope you are persuaded by your paying customers to NOT cancel OAN. It is the only channel that tells the truth. That is why it is so hated by main stream media. Because they tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. You don't hear about the election fraud on the other stations. I do not approve of a communications company trying to censor and silence (Edited per community guidelines)s. You are following our tyrannical regime right into communist tactics. At&T is using (Edited per community guidelines) tactics to divide and censor. Get rid of CNN. They tell nothing but lies and use psychological operations on people and people are falling under the trance. They're being taught to hate half our country. Shame on you! You drop OAN and we drop Diret TV and AT&T. Hope you rethink this very stupid unAmerican move. I only watch about 7 channels on your stupid line up that's full of crap that no (Edited per community guidelines) can even stomach. Pay too much already for my 7 channels and you're gonna take 1 away?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cancelling OAN

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.