C

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 21st, 2023 4:14 PM

Newsmax

No need to continue my Direct TV account if your going to behave like this. Get out of politics and serve your customers. If Newsmax isnt back on in the next month, I will not only be cancelling my Direct TV and NFL ticket, I will be swapping my 8 phone lines from AT&T. 

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

1 year ago

You might as well cancel now, then. Your threat pulls no weight here. Besides, Directv can’t just add NewsMax back, they must come to a new agreement. That takes both sides to agree. Quit believing the misinformation you have been given. It’s not political, it’s a business issue only. By the way, there is no Sunday Ticket to cancel anymore.

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

1 year ago

Canceling NFL Ticket? What a threat since they no longer have the contract. Also, AT&T and DirecTV are 2 different companies.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

1 year ago

@customer7856 

It is DirecTV, not Direct TV. Just to be sure you make any updates with the correct provider.

Your AT&T phones are unrelated. DirecTV is a TV service that has been spun-off to its own management once again.

You can't cancel the NFL Sunday Ticket as it is not with DirecTV for the new season. The NFL is trying streaming-only, so those with little to no internet (such as rural) now miss out.

This has nothing to do with politics. It has been clearly stated is based on economic decisions. People just want to believe it is political so they have something to be mad at.

https://www.directv.com/tvpromise/ 

Our differences with Newsmax are economic, not political or ideological. Newsmax made unreasonable demands that would force DIRECTV customers to fund the network’s shift from a free nationwide streaming service to one that will require a pay TV subscription. Since we would not agree to Newsmax’s demand to pay them tens of millions of dollars in licensing fees, DIRECTV was no longer permitted by Newsmax to air its content.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Don't have Sunday Ticket yet you have it in your signature

I can't stop laughing

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

1 year ago

Next year going to YouTube TV. But just for you I will remove it! Thanks for the chuckle.

ACE - New Member

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Directv and Newsmax have not yet come to agreeable terms.  So therefore Newsmax is not on the Directv channel lineup.  You can still watch for free if you can stream as Newsmax has there own app.  You can also watch it for free on PlutoTV.  But as for getting it back within a month, I doubt that will happen as Newsmax has walked away from the negotiations.  Newsmax walked because they did not like Directv's offer because they did not feel it was comparable to other deals that Directv has made with other News Networks.  Whether Directv is playing politics or not we do not know as we are only customers we are not officials of the company itself so only Directv executives would know if this was true.  But negotiations for channels happen all the time with every TV provider.   But I would think if Directv were trying to play politics as you say they would not have added another conservative news channel to help compensate the conservative watchers called "The First" on Channel 349.  But from what I have been told it is not as good as Newsmax but at least it was something, as Directv did not have to add anything to their channel lineup.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

So generous of Directv to give consumers 'The First' on channel 349.

If they get bored watching 'The First' on channel 347 they can always switch to 349.

Do you think people are that dumb?

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

1 year ago

Not me. I watch it on the app and pay nothing. Same live content as was on DirecTV and still free.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

1 year ago

@LostAnotherCustomer 

So generous of Directv to give consumers 'The First' on channel 349.

If they get bored watching 'The First' on channel 347 they can always switch to 349.

Do you think people are that dumb?

People check the channels seeing if their preferred Conservative network is back. By feeding "The First" on both channels informs them of the current option. Eventually as people comprehend that OAN is not returning, and Newsmax either returns or confirmed gone for the long run, it is expected to end up with only a single channel number.

So by showing on both is more of a courtesy at this time. Perhaps you should try thinking first instead of automatically assuming other consumer's intelligence is in question.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Not even remotely the same thing

It is being pushed that consumers are getting a replacement to compensate for losing Netmax when in actuality they lost a channel which was replaced by NOTHING.  Well maybe if the 7 and the up/down keys are broken on their remote they gained something.  SCORE!

For not being associated with Directv you sure do defend them in EVERY single post on the forums

Thanks Ace

ACE - Expert

• 

5.6K Messages

1 year ago

Anytime "Lost"!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

1 year ago

I do not defend DirecTV in every post. I have made posts regarding issues I have seen with equipment or other policies.

People tune to a channel for a Conservative network. Since the two networks for those channels are gone, the put a new network on both instead of leaving the 2nd blank. So naturally having it on two channels would be a temporary placeholder.

You were the only one making the perception on anyone being or perceived as dumb. I merely showed you the more realistic perspective.

But in any case, since you claim to be of the "lost" then take care.

ACE - Professor

• 

140 Messages

1 year ago

"Get out of politics."

Does that include the very large donations they give to conservative causes and people?

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

If this was a business decision, then why didn't they cancel other stations THEY ARE PAYING whose ratings are in the toilet?  Is it because they are left leaning?  Newsmax is no. 4 in it's ratings and they cancelled them for a 1.00?  Yep....Newsmax asked for 1.00 per person.  They were not paying them anything before.  Zilch.  All the other (left-leaning) channels with horrible ratings are being paid a handsome amount.  This is sound business?  Not hardly....this was all political!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

1 year ago

@suzy000 

Business decision for one channel does not mandate the same outcome for others.

Also, other stations are not individual networks like Newsmax but have multiple channels under one owner. So TV providers must get the full bundle of channels from the network owner, regardless of invidual ratings (percieved or not).

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.