D

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, April 16th, 2022 8:43 PM

Closed

OAN

What did you do with that channel we are not happy Americans with you on this..

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

DIRECTV dropping OANN?

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Where is OAN??? Hoe dare you cut them out..I hope you lose many mnay user's ..taking our rights as FREE Americans ...your time is coming 

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

We were the first to use Direct Tv i n our area and the very first to get rid of you....MORE will do so watch your numbers go doan only Marxtists (Edited per community guidelines) want Fox or OAn gone bc they are the truth purveyor's and CNN is far from it is has lied and lied and been caught time and time again..but then The Dem party are liars and Republicans like Mitt Romney etc RHINO liars are just as guilty..See I am NOT predujiced just want our Jounalist and Politicians to do truth pills for a change instead of doping up...

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 years ago

DTV decided not to renew the contract that ended in April.

• 

138 Messages

2 years ago

FACT: DIRECTV is being brought to court by OAN for violating FAA rules, participating in partisan politics, and violating their contract agreement.  The complaint is published on the OAN website.  All should read it… it’s eye opening and something the main stream media won’t cover. 

The biggest concern from the many who have canceled DIRECTV as a result is the fact DirecTV profited by carrying OAN but chose to cancel it for politcal purposes.  

• 

138 Messages

2 years ago

@Constructive I hope all DIRECTV employees are not that rude to others.  It should have read FCC; it was nothing more than a typo. 

@Juniper  Sure, they have no obligation to provide a specific channel. However, a good company has an obligation to listen to their customers and many of us are upset that the voice of 50% (assuming current political divide) of their customers did not count.  Even more infuriating is the fact DIRECTV shared no data on what influenced their “Internal Review”.   Their actions are no different than other Big Tech media outlets like Twitter, Facebook, and even google.  CNN and MSNBC are treated like holy grails by corporate executives even though many customers refuse to watch it.   A vast number of households who rely on some type of dish just got cut off from a great news source due to internal DIRECTV political policies.  

• 

138 Messages

2 years ago

@Juniper Agree the discussions go nowhere.  I personally cancelled the service after being a customer for 10+ years back in February.  Now I just get entertainment from making sure others do not get mislead by the contract renewal rational.  

OAN has stated in an official court record that DIRECTV profited considerably off their contract agreement so I’m willing to bet the number of OAN viewers was fairly high.  Time will tell.  

(edited)

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Well after two decades cumulatively, I cancelled my direct tv subscription a few days ago. but agreed to let it continue until the end of this month's billing cycle on the 27th, to give me time to find a different service provide.

for those who may be in the same boat. Frontier is carrying OAN & Verizon is their parent company, so they may as well. plus, the app tv service called "Kloud Tv" has OAN as well. 

I have heard reports that the OAN live app is buggy right now. which seems reasonable, since they only had two months' notice that their contract wasn't going to be renewed.

so, by for now direct tv, maybe someday AT&T's financial woes will end up setting you free in a sale or even just end up letting you go back on your own.

AT&T lost my cell phone service years ago because of poor service & high fees.

now they lose my tv too, good riddance. so, no paying service to a company that doesn't respect its customers.

which means NO HBO or CNN Plus either. It should be called CNN minus with their number of subscribers, LOL. Cya

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

actually, Juniper, I did, because the representative asked me about it during my cancellation phone call. I said I was fine with the cancellation taking effect at the end of the billing cycle.

unless she was misleading me. just more great service, if you're correct, that you are held captive to cancel ?? wow sounds like an authoritarian policy there. maybe you can examine the transcripts of the call, LOL.

regardless, it doesn't matter to me because I'm finished with direct tv as long as they are affiliated with AT&T. I had reservations about it when they were acquired by AT&T in 2017.

because I had terrible cell phone service from AT&T years ago & sent them packing then too. but I see you haven't changed; you're still trolling for AT&T /direct tv like some (Edited per community guidelines), LOL 

AT&T has proven over & over again to me, that they only care about getting paid by customers, but don't follow through with good service or good customer service. all they did with getting rid of OAN was they did me a favor & reenforced my opinion of their company. 

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.