Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 5th, 2022 11:47 PM

Can't login to DirecTV in ESPN app

Trying to Choose provider in the ESPN App. I select DirecTV, then get a blank screen with the page title, "OttSsoCompanionApp". 

I have attempted to update the FireTV stick (no updates available), and have cleared cache and data in the ESPN app, and deleted the ESPN app and reinstalled it. Same issue. I can login to ESPN+, but my provider login fails with the above error every time.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I don't understand that response. I posted this in DIRECTV Community Forums, and I'm on forums.directv.com.

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

2 years ago

Ignore that response. It's meaningless. We don't know why it sometimes appears. 

ACE - New Member

• 

5.1K Messages

2 years ago

Any other apps have this issue? What programming package do you have with DIRECTV? Can you login with the ESPN app on your phone or tablet?

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Any other apps have this issue? Yes

Programming Package: DirectTV dish

I can login to the ESPN fine everywhere else. It's only the provider login on Fire TV that's failing.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue with me. Login to ESPN from any other device is good except when using the ESPN app and it asks for TV Provider. Directv and redirects to the clunky log in page. Then after log in it throws me to the ATT page instead of back to ESPN. Where most other apps do.

Directv/ATT need to follow what all other TV stream apps are doing and provide a QR code or code to log in instead of this crap.

No wonder DirecTV is dying on the vine

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

@8RhRND5iu5Ubggn2 

Programming Package: DirectTV dish

That is not a programming package. DirecTV (not DirectTV dish) would be your provider, as in the company you have service with.

Your programming package is just that, the package of channels you are currently on. Family, Select, Entertainment, etc. are some of the packages available.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

@kilowm 

DirecTV is a satellite TV provider. That is their focus. Any streaming perks or 3rd party apps are secondary and not what they are primarily built for. They are not "dying on the vine".

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am getting this error message on ESPN, AMC, and other channels on my phone, chromebook, Roku, and internet browser.  I am not sure why this started happening about 2 weeks ago.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having the same issue as brian575pizzeria. Can't verify with ESPN, NBC Sports, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, or NFL App. Every time I get to the login screen and entered my information, it just bring me back to the login screen again. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.