Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

• 

7 Messages

Monday, February 28th, 2022 8:45 PM

Contact Corp Offices

well time again for the 6 month pricing game. Another credit bites the dust and the bill is way too much. In the recent past there was a way to contact corporate HQ and ask for the office of the president. People would call back and had authority to do something. Maybe the "NEW Directv" does not understand that. I'm a good searcher but I've run through several numbers that no longer reach HQ in Segundo. The retention supervisor I just spoke with has two numbers, i knew the one was not good, the other number was for out of the country. The emails I found for Bill Morrow have not worked either. Looking for some help. Forgot to mention, the agents tried to help me lower my bill, their solution was to change to a lower plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

The CEO announced some time ago that because of financially problematic accounts that have had too much in discounts, that a lot of it would be pulled back. A "6 month pricing game" as you call it is a prime example. DirecTV is an entertainment for-profit service, not a charity.

Time to review your channels and optional services. If you cannot afford it without discounts, then it is on you to adjust service to fit your budget. The time of often and very sweet discounts is essentially over. We hope that discounts will return, but expect they will be in moderation.

Reality is reduce service to a lower cost. Discounts are nice when available, but are few and far between now.

And accustomed to contacting corporate every few months, seriously? Sorry but in the end you are a customer like the rest of us. It is not Corporate's job to placate any demanding or begging you have for a discount. Finally time for you to take personal responsibility for your finances.

• 

40 Messages

2 years ago

Sounds so privileged based on the post itself.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

Packages have changed over the years and they have reduced how many of them they list. Here is a recent channel lineup to help you sort out what each level provides so you can make a financially sound decision.

DirecTV Package and Channel Lineups

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Yep, privileged! If that is what you call someone that does not appreciate getting over charged and taken advantage of.  Some people are wimps and take what they are given, that is not me.  Really trying to contact DirecTV Corp offices. Before this recent split it was something that could be done. Appears Mr. Bill Morrow does not want customer contact. At least ATT had Office of the President representatives. Why is Mr. Morrow hiding?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

@mao 

If your practice is to constantly cry to corporate to give you a discount, then yes that is an undue sense of privilege and entitlement. Networks have increased costs to TV providers over the years. Huge discounts that you have been accustomed to are not sustainable.

It is not corporate's job to discount you into something you like. Sorry but the handholding you have experienced by the corporate level is finally over. You are a customer like the rest of us. The higher ups are not hiding something just because you cannot contact them for a discount anymore.

Sorry if this comes off harsh, but it is the reality. It is up to you to budget your services, not them to discount below what is sustainable.

1 Message

9 months ago

Hi,

I am not the kind to expect a discount every time I turn around. I have been paying basically the same as I did back in 2006. But as some person said previously about adjusting my lineup to fit my budget that's exactly what had to do adjust my lineup to fit my budget. I even had to add for extra cost of course HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES & regular HALLMARK.

In 2006 I had all kinds of channels, LIFE TIME, TNT, TBS UP TV  ETC you get the picture. Now my favorite channels are all gone too channel 12 and FOX TV channel. No other channels  have been added to my lineup even after losing just about every channel I used to enjoy but paying the same amount. The channels I found new I have to sign up for, a fee of course.  I am seriously thinking of going somewhere else. Tired of continuing to loosing channels with no other channels are added to my package.  I've lost at least 10 or more channels that used to be in my lineup over the past 17 years which now are in higher paying packages. I have been a good customer and this is my first time complaining about anything actually but losing my local channels is where I lost it. Too bad when Direct TV does not consider their long time customers which won't be a customer at all shortly. 

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

9 months ago

It is the local channels that mainly drives up the cost to DTV and all other providers so they have to move channels to higher packages and raise the bill.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

9 months ago

@CPOWELL224 

In case you're not aware, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (HM&M) is now in some new options. Previously it was just the Movies Extra Pack (formally called the HD Extra Pack), but now HM&M is in the packages Select, Entertainment, Preferred Xtra, and Premier. To my knowledge there was no announcement, just a quiet change a few years ago.

Regarding your missing locals, if they are owned by Nexstar then you will have them back when Nexstar allows it. They and DirecTV are negotiating the next carriage agreement and Nexstar is apparently wanting to increase costs more than DirecTV finds reasonable. Consider that when DirecTV's operating costs go up then so do our bills eventually. I advocate using a regular antenna to get the free broadcast while the two companies hash it out.

I would review the channel lineups to match against what you watch since they have changed over the years. The link I posted a year an a half ago pulls up their most recent list, showing updated Feb 2023 as of this post. Yes channels under the A&E umbrella did rearrange some months ago. Channels are not forever as new carriage agreements are made and viewership changes.

Paying basically the same as in 2006? Not in the same package that's for sure (as it seems you stated) as costs have gone up quite a bit over the years. They have their annual price adjustment. As long as networks keep charging TV providers more each time then our bills will follow suit.

This thread is not a way to contact corporate. You call customer support to discuss options, keep service as it is, or go elsewhere. Unlike the OP's thinking, corporate is not there to spoon feed discounts.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.