Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Our contract with Disney has expired. We appreciate your patience while we negotiate to offer you more flexible channel lineups and all your shows and sports in one place. Please visit TVPromise.com and UnbundleDisney.com for more details.

K

1 Message

Wednesday, October 18th, 2023 6:33 PM

Closed

CUSTOMER SERVICE EMAIL ADDRESS

I NEED A CUSTOMER SERVICE EMAIL ADDRESS

The DTV rep on the phone tell you that my service change has to be done by an installer.  The installer comes and says that my service change has to be done by rep on the phone.  Then I get charge $99 for nothing. 

DTV doesn't do e-mails because there would be a record of all the lies that they tell you.

Accepted Solution

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

11 months ago

Unfortunately, DIRECTV does not have support over email. The only available support is through live chat on their website (directv.com) or by calling in. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

11 months ago

What are you trying to do?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

11 months ago

So what are you or were you trying to "change"

5 Messages

6 months ago

Yes, they're trying to scam me out of $147 right now for boxes that I've already returned.

5 Messages

6 months ago

@Juniper And being a smart (Edited per community guidelines) doesn't help anyone either. I never said anything about an email. Although DirecTV and it's collections agency have given me several emails all of which have failed. But it's not DirecTV trying to scam me, it's their collections agency. DirecTV has already acknowledged the fact that the cable boxes were returned with no damage and they have given me a confirmation number.

But DirecTV Collections refuses to acknowledge that the confirmation number came from DirecTV and they keep sending me threatening letters even know I don't owe anything. I don't have any problem with DirecTV, it's their collection agency that I have a problem with.

I should have been clear about that. Sorry for the confusion. 

(edited)

5 Messages

6 months ago

@Juniper Thank you, that was very helpful. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

3 Messages

6 months ago

For the SECOND time in 2 weeks I have a 771 loss of signal. The last time I had to wait for 5 days before they could make the time for me. Technical customer service is a total joke "unplug the receiver and plug it back in, did that work? No. Oh well that's all we know. We schedule you for a tech that has no clue what they are doing and you can wait for 4 hours for him/her to show up and charge you $100". It's all a scam to pay technicians. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

6 months ago

771 is most often a dish alignment problem, there are videos on YouTube if you want to try it yourself. Resetting the receiver(s) either with the red button or unplugging fixes 90% of the problems which is why you are told to try it. 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Believe me I've tried everything. Resetting the receiver wiped out all the settings on the receiver. This is a total joke. I only switched from Dish network to Directv so I can watch the Rockies games. As soon I can figure out a way to get the rockies on a different service I'm out. If it snows Directv won't work. Same if it rains or the wind blows. I really really (Edited per community guidelines). I should receive credit on my account for the loss of service but I surely know that will never ever happen. 

(edited)

5 Messages

6 months ago

@bwickert Yes, very unreliable service in bad weather. That's why I canceled everything except the internet. And that ain't so great either.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

6 months ago

Rain fade is made worse when the dish is misaligned.  People have posted their service remained working during a hurricane. 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Blah, blah, blah. Juniper. You are not a customer or an employee of Directv. I had a tech out here literally 4 days ago and so called aligned the dish then it snowed like 2 inches and suddenly it's not a "aligned" anymore and no signal? The dish is not damaged in any way. There is no way to realign the dish unless a tech is called because of where it's mounted and it's all bolted down which is ridiculous. At least with Dish Network you can realign the dish and get the signal back. There is no solution by calling "tech support" either. If the dish alignment is so fragile it should have a cover over it so no elements can touch it. Or, get better equipment. 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.9K Messages

6 months ago

It's not hard to align a DirecTV dish, provided you can safely reach out. Several good YouTube show how. 

1 Message

6 months ago

I would like to say that because I could not get any help from my phone call I did go online and hooked up with a “chat person” at Direct TV.com, named Sivakala who was extremely helpful.  She knew what to do to fix the problem and it was fixed in several minutes.  My system was up and running again.  She was polite, helpful and of good cheer.  Many thanks to her for helping me and please let her know that I said so.  She is the type of customer service person you rarely deal with anymore.  Congrats on having a great person in your employ.

Tony Caballero

Oxford, PA

3 Messages

5 months ago

I’m a resident of Embassy Manor, who has direct tv as their television provider.  I’m forced to say that, at least in the Edison, NJ area the service is at best unreliable- the least degree of bad weather screws up the service.  And at least at this facility there are very few English language stations and way too many foreign language stations.  The language of the United States is English and the more we accommodate the immigrants the less they’ll want to learn English.  Additionally, as an American born consumer of your services, I expect to have access to a majority of English language stations.  Specifically, at a minimum, the three major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC).  Please, restore the English language stations, and if I could I’d make you completely get rid of the non-English stations. 
P.S. My sister-in-law is from Columbia (South America) and now speaks excellent English because she wanted to fit in, not change us.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.