Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTVhelp's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

21.2K Messages

Tuesday, October 18th, 2022 7:33 PM

DIRECTV Account Management is moving to DIRECTV.com

Over the next several weeks, when logging into your AT&T account, you may be redirected from AT&T to DIRECTV.com for account management. The transition will start on October 19th, 2022.

What does this mean for you?

How you manage your services and what site you login to might change. Over the next month, if you log into your AT&T account, you may be redirected to DIRECTV to manage your account. Settings, like those listed below, will remain the same. These include:

• Username & Password

• Plan & Channel Lineup

• Autopay & Paperless Preferences

• Price & Billing Date

• My Library, DVR Recordings and Bookmarks

If you have AT&T Wireless or internet services, you will continue to use ATT.com to manage your AT&T services in addition to directv.com to manage your DIRECTV services. If you receive a single bill that includes both AT&T and DIRECTV services, you will continue to view and pay bills on ATT.com and use DIRECTV.com to manage your services and get support for DIRECTV subscriptions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am a DIRECTV authorized representative, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent DIRECTV's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

2 years ago

DTV doesn't have any outside sales force those salespersons where from a third party company that sent the order to DTV.  DTV is ordered by calling them or using their website.  That is the standard new customer intro offer of a discount on the first year then it goes to full price for the remaining year of the contract plus a 3 month trial period of the premium channels and 1 year of NFL Sunday Ticket  that are auto renewed if not canceled.  DTV should have the number of the company that sent the order in to them.

The ECF/ETF is maximum of $480 as DTV charges $20 per unused month of the contract so for a 2 yr contract =$480.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Gingerluu 

This thread is about the website transition for account management because of the new co-owner. As that is unrelated to your complaint, it would have been appropriate to start your own thread.

DirecTV support is over the phone or online. In-person sales agent would work for a 3rd party retailer. Your dad (or you if he adds you as an authorized user) can call DirecTV to get the name and phone number for the 3rd party dealer that sales person works for.

Social security number is needed for most service providers. It is used for the credit check when applying for service.

DirecTV intro offers are a discounted price for the 1st 12 months. The 24-month service agreement is because DirecTV is investing at a discounted price, plus the value of equipment installed, so this is their assurance of making back their investment.

Remainder of serivce agreement would not be $1067.92. Not even he canceled partway through the 1st month. It is $20 for each month left of the 24 months. Since you mention he started in December 2021, he would be around 14 months remaining which would be an early cancellation fee (ECF) of $280.

That service agreement is valid as he started service and got the order as would show on the order confirmation that DirecTV sends upon receiving the order for the customer's confirmation. If that differs from what was "promised" by that 3rd party sales rep, then the dispute is with the 3rd party retailer and not DirecTV.

To cancel, adjust services, or get the contact info for that 3rd party, you must call DirecTV. This is a public forum of other customers so we cannot do that for you.

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Is it going to take you 2 YEARS to move your BILL PAY to Directv.com!?  This is Unacceptable! For 6+ Months I STRUGGLE to pay my bill online because you sign in at att.com, it directs you to directv.com .. then the message on directv.com says "To pay your bill, you have to go to att.com" so you go to att.com, and it sends you back to directv.com!  The (Edited per community guidelines) that answer the phone are CLUELESS!  This is sooo Unacceptable! Raise our bills, but make it a game to pay the bill so that you can charge late fees!  FIX THIS PROBLEM!

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

2 years ago

@CRBV99 

Umm, 2 years is quite the exaggeration. The website transition started late October, so it has been 4 months. They are dealing with a new co-owner. It will take 'some' time to get everything moved over and working as intended, but 2 years is beyond expectation.

It is not a game to charge you late fees. That is just absurd. This is a spin-off with a new co-owner. Challenges along the way are to be expected.

Alternatively, call and pay the bill or setup auto bill pay.

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

@Juniper 

I don't care if it has been 4 months or 2 years, when you transition I would think that the most important part would be your billing and payments!  And no, I am not going to "Call up" and pay it over the phone, I like to SEE what I am getting charged for.  And ALOT of the times when I SEE my bills (Whether it be directv or att cell phone) I discover something that they try to slip on the bill that I am not using or ordered.  They try to rip off the consumer .. It may only be for $1 or $2, but they rely on people "Calling up" to pay the bills without knowing what they are even paying for to get that dollar or two off of who knows however many unsuspecting customers.  I've been with Directv for 12+ years, I have NEVER had an issue signing onto the website to pay my bill until this past Oct/Nov. Since then, I have not been able to EASILY pay my bill online, and that, is unacceptable.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

2 years ago

Rely on calling and paying without knowing what it is for? Now that really is beyond the pale. You can review the bill with them before making the payment if you really want to.

If your asumption is you are going to be "ripped off" and such by DirecTV, then why have you been with them for 12+ years? Sounds like you are paranoid for paranoia's sake. Yes it is good to occasionally review the bill, but to expect their operation is to essentially cheat you all the time is a 'you' problem.

Welcome to the transition with a new company taking over management of DirecTV. Ideally it would smoother and quicker. But there is no guarantee when you have a move of this proprotion.

If you refuse to address your bill in the other ways available to you, then any late fees are on you. Like most companies, it is our (the consumer) responsibility to pay the bill on time. Not having our preferred method doesn't change that. And neither does spaming "fix it" dozens of times like you did on your other post.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

@Juniper

lol it's not "spam" if I say it a million times in 1 message .. It's a little absurd (as you would say) to refer to it as such. It would be 'spam' if I said it over and over in multiple messages.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

2 years ago

You can "spam" a word or phrase within a message. It is not exclusive to multiple messages. It is absurd to think that was a loophole for you.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.