Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Problem19's profile

Contributor

Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 6:36 PM

Closed

Email address for CEO

I would like to know the email address for the CEO of direct tv please? Thank you very much 

ACE - Sage

• 

45.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Problem19 wrote:

I would like to know the email address for the CEO of direct tv please? Thank you very much 

You won't find  one.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Like other CEOs, contact information is not publicly listed otherwise they would get overloaded by customers jumping the chain of communication.

So you either call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000, even requesting to speak to supervisor if needed, or you can post here for other customers (and sometimes off the clock employees) to get guidance.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It's a waste of time to call DirecTV. I spent two hours going from barely speaking English person to barely speaking English person and never received a proper answer. I was promised that my issue would be corrected and that DirecTV would contact me within a week, that's been two months and not a single contact. When I posted on their social media page a social media representative contacted me and when we spoke, as usual they had absolutely no clue of the hours I spent already talking to supervisors as apparently there's nothing in the computer to indicate that we spoke. That social media rep ended up telling me the same thing, that someone would contact me and all I've heard are crickets. Since AT&T took over DirecTV their customer service has gone to crap. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I absolutely 100% agree with the comments above.  I held for a total of 1 1/2 hours to get to someone that "couldn't help" me.  Then they bring on a supervisor because I was frustrated only to get someone I could barely understand.  I, like the above individual, was told the same thing that there were no records of me speaking with anyone even though I was the one the one who set up our account.  Then once I finally was able to get my husband on the line, they would speak with us.  My husband was equally frustrated given I am the person in our household who manages our accounts.  I offered to provide any information just to move our service.  I was told I could start new service for a fee.  Are you kidding me?  When all was said and done, this move took me two hours 10 minutes and will require me to take a day from work to accommodate two separate service technicians... one for internet and the other for direct tv service.  Since this is a move, I asked to add one tv.  They told me I would need to renew to another two year agreement just to add one tv to my plan. I am going to search for a different provider.  I have had enough of this company!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

@D80159 

Agent saying for a move you had to start new service was very very wrong. Most likely agent trying to get a new account commission as is fraud. Just a Movers order is needed.

Doesn't matter if you normally handle all the finances. It matters who owns the account, which sounds like is your husband. But all he should have to do is request to list you as an authorized user so that you can manage from then on. The only things that would still require the account owner is updating password used when you call or managing who is an authorized user.

Upgrades of equipment, which includes adding another TV as you are adding another box, have come with a 24 month agreement for about 20 years. A Movers order without an upgrade would be a 12 month agreement instead.

Contributor

5 years ago

We moved off of Directv. They sent us a box and we returned the equipment in the box. Two weeks later they took $288 from our account to cover the cost of the equipment. When we called that day they confirmed that they had already received the equipment from us and did not know why they took the money. They said we would get the money back in 60-90 days. We protested and they said we would get it in 7-10 days. We even got a text saying they had sent the money. There was no money and now they are back to saying that we will get it in another 60 days. Oh and twice they said they would call me back. They tell lies. They are horrible. I am so happy we left them for Dish.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just wanted to say I am so so glad to have gotten rid of your service.  I just found out that you are deleting OAN from the viewers that subscribe to your company.

How dare you think that it is fine to show smut, child abusing shows, human trafficing shows, (Edited per community guidelines), incest, (Edited per community guidelines) on numerous shows but because you want to bow down to  Biden, Obama, Pelosi's and many anti American's you will take OAN off the problem.  

Bye Bye Bye

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

DTV has no control what the channels send them.  All TV providers carry the same adult channel.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

The supervisor I spoke to brought me to tears, I am embarrassed to say. He had zero compassion for my situation and just sat on the line while I bawled my eyes out, not saying anything except, "Can I answer any more questions? If not, have a nice day."  Really? You won't let me out of a contract which DOUBLED in price and I can longer afford because I am battling cancer?? Sometimes I feel like the fight is not worth it, I'm telling you. So now I will spend months in bed during chemo treatments with no TV to watch and had to pay $180 in order to do it.  ZERO compassion.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

Uh? Had DTV canceled the contract they would also cancel your service.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

They did and charged me $180 to do it, thus no TV...

Community Support

• 

19.9K Messages

2 years ago

This is not the kind of experience we want you to have with our company. We can go over this together if you wish, and get things right. Please verify your account again, and we will work on this. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

@whatever49 

This is a thread from 2019 that has nothing to do with the discontinuation of OANN. Not our service any more than yours as this is a public customer forum. As for not liking what is on TV, thank the human race for what they find interesting and that they don't all share your views.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

@kellyinAZ 

An agent should be polite and certainly try to be delicate when speaking with someone going through a hard time. When a conversation goes in circles sometimes, they have to be firm and move on. But it can be a fine line between firm and harsh.

Unfortunately, inability to pay or medical issues does not get rid of a service agreement. It is not that the agent wouldn't but that they couldn't. Has nothing to do with compassion. You were simply requesting something that wasn't an option.

I am sorry that the reality of the situation did not work in your favor, when you certainly have more pressing matters. Wish you much better days in the future.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.