Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

I

• 

1 Message

Sat, May 14, 2022 9:28 PM

HD Fee

As  of June 2021 the Colorado Attorney General's office settled with Directv about several inappropriate charges, including the HD fee which it accurately deemed as no longer appropriate.  However, I am still being charged this HD fee of $10/mo - I am in Boulder, CO.  Why is this?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

13日前

This is a customer to customer forum not DTV support, you have to call them.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

13日前

If you activated before late 2015 then you pay $10 for HD service. It is not free but a premium above the older SD. When they changed the billing model, new customers do not see HD listed on the bill, but the costs are rearranged to where they pay the same (though they don't see it as they expect HD now).

Old bill model: Primary TV $0, HD $10, DVR $10, Whole Home DVR $3 = $23

New model: Primary TV $7, HD not listed on bill, Advance Receiver (DVR and Whole Home DVR together) $15 = $22.

There are stipulations on when DirecTV must continue providing a credit. It is based on your current services vs an All Included equivalent package.

DirecTV provides a service and charges for it. HD wasn't a temporary charge but a receiver service. New customers already have the charge built-in with other costs adjusted.

As much as I would like to save that $10 a month, I respect DirecTV provides a service and charges for it. I disagree with the outcome of the HD settlement portion of that situation as continuing to charge for HD as expected was the right of the company, not customers who don't own the business.

You can try calling customer support. But if they are not familiar with Colorado being "special", and do not successfully research the info they need, you may need to submit a BBB complaint to get a clarification from corporate.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.