Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

ALERT: If you're impacted by the recent storms in the Houston area, please remember you can access important programming using the DIRECTV app.

D

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 10th, 2022 4:04 PM

Closed

I NEED A CUSTOMER SERVICE EMAIL ADDRESS

I have a problem/complaint that I want to submit to DIRECTV customer service. I don't want to just talk to someone on the phone, I need to state my issue in writing. What email address can I user?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

1.9K Messages

2 years ago

Directv does not do customer support via email. There is no customer support email address.

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

@daneeloves7 what exactly is your issue or complaint? If anything, ask here and we can prevent you the trouble of going through the BBB to get your issue fixed as that takes time and more inconvenience. 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@daneeloves7 

AT&T/DirecTV does not do customer support by email. That is only over the phone.

You could post the details of your problem for the community to try and help find a solution, or perhaps at least gets some guidance.

If over the phone and this forum of other customers cannot resolve, then a BBB complaint could be be considered. That reaches the corporate eye, though not a guarantee whatever your "problem/complaint" is will be resolved.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been an ATT and Direct TV customer for over 20 years, my son recently moved out bought his own house and took the Direct TV account with him. I have been informed by them that in order to reestablish a Direct TV account I will be forced to pay a one time fee of $320.00 due to my bad credit score, non refundable. My cell phone bills average over $250.00 per month for 20 years, I make over 200K a year and my credit score on Experian is a 675. I own my house as well. This is at the very least is disappointing. I have enjoyed Direct TV and was hoping to get it back on. I was talking to Velle in new accounts after I spent an hour on the phone with Ray in collections who verified I have no previous credit issues with ATT or Direct TV. Velle was in the end very confrontational and has led me to have to make a decision to leave ATT and go to Verizon with all my accounts. Sadly if this is how a 20 year loyal customer is treated it will end our relationship. My email address is [Edited per community guidelines] and my cell is [Edited per community guidelines] if there is anyone who cares to respond to this complaint before I go to Verizon. They have already assured me no unnecessary bad credit fees if I switch company's.

I am in shock at the 1 hour phone call I just had!

Tom [Edited per community guidelines]

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

This is a public customer to customer forum you have just posted your info for all the scammers to contact you.

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

@tvirden at this point it’s best to make a whole new post, remove this reply, and do not include the private info. Include what you mean by ‘my son took the DIRECTV account with him’ as well as the reason for reestablishing the account in the first place.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@tvirden 

It is DirecTV, not Direct TV. Be careful so you avoid scams.

A new customer promotion occurs once. If the DirecTV account is yours, then it would have been better for your son to have ordered service in his name at his place so that your equipment and programming wouldn't have been messed with. Unfortunately, opening a 2nd account does not result in an intro promotion and does require a fresh credit check.

Something about your credit check and history with DirecTV appears to require some additional fees for the 2nd account. Agents over the phone have no influence on this as they go by what the system pulls up as allowed. I would verify you are contacting DirecTV itself directly and not a 3rd party (or the AT&T side).

DirecTV does not do support by email. This is also a public forum so never post personal info. For official support you call DirecTV (in my signature below). This has been mentioned from multiple users in this thread from months ago.

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 years ago

AFAIK deposits need to start an account are credited back at a rate of $10 per month

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

The "Fee Based on Credit" (at least how it used to be worded) is usually credited back at $5 a month for 60 months. As it is not a deposit, or refund of such, if you cancel before the end of that time, any remaining credits are forfeited.

Since they mention $320, I wonder if it is something on the AT&T side, perhaps counting another fee like delivery ($19.95 so rounded to $20?), or something else entirely.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We have been trying for two weeks to get DIRECTV to install satellite and boxes in our new home. I’ve taken days off of work so that I can be home to wait for the installation. Every day I get a text message saying they’re going to show up and they never do. When I call DIRECTV they tell me their technician is on site and should be there within 30 minutes to an hour and that someone will call me back to confirm the technician has arrived. I don’t receive a text or a phone call telling me that our technician is not going to show up. I’ve called DIRECTV 3 to 4 times a day and spent hours each time on the phone. They always tell me that they’re going to escalate my complaint, they’re going to put me through to the back office, a supervisor will call me back etc but  none of these things have happened or helped. There is an option to stream DIRECTV but you can’t do that if you’re able to have a satellite on your house. But I’m unable to get DIRECTV to come and install a satellite at my house. The only reason I continue to fight for the service is the only one that provides the Sunday football ticket. I have never been able to get on the phone with anyone who is authorized to do anything about my problem. No one has called me back to apologize for the lack of professionalism or inability to get their job done. I ended up canceling the order for installation because they told me that they didn’t have enough technicians in the area. (We live 20 min from NYC so that doesn’t make sense)  I don’t understand why you would schedule a service that you’re unable to commit to. My husband tried on his own to get them to install this past week. Yet again no one showed up or contacted us. He has rescheduled it for this Monday. I have no hopes and I feel very bad for him that he cannot get this service installed in our home so he can enjoy football. I don’t know how long DIRECTV will remain and business And I look forward to finding out who will gain access to their football contract. I’m sure anybody will be better than DIRECTV.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Shocker.....3rd year in a row that I will have to call and cancel NFL Sunday ticket. I am so sick of this crap. We canceled it in 2019 because we can't afford it.  Every single year it magically shows back up on our bill without being ordered

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Her03Me24 

Don’t complain to a bunch of customers, at some point we came across the same issue (in one way or another).

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@Her03Me24 

Sounds like when you opt out for the current season, the agent is not turning off the auto renew as well (assuming not a system error). At 3 years of it, I would submit a BBB complaint.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

@Her03Me24 and @Juniper 

We're having the same issue... Do you have any advice? We received the NFL Sunday Ticket auto-renewal threat back in July. Spent HOURS on the phone trying to cancel. After we finally got our confirmation from a "manager" that it was cancelled, we found a charge on our account three days ago. Infuriating. Why are they allowed to get away with such unethical behavior?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.8K Messages

2 years ago

@jessi4soccer 

The auto renewal notice is not a threat but a reminder. As notice in June with 1st of 6 installments in July, the intention is you have plenty of time to call and opt out if you don't want it that year. You have until the season starts in September to do so.

However if you got a charge on the account 3 years ago, that does suggest it wasn't opted out correctly. You will need to call DirecTV to dispute that you called before the season started to opt out. If the follow-up does not correct it, then a BBB complaint is the next step as puts the corporate level's eyes on the situation.

Unfortunately with all the football "fans" that increase how many calls they get at this time, plus the short staffing they have dealt with since the pandemic (along with outsourcing to try and make up for it, their customer support is just overwhelmed. What might be compounding any issues is they have a new co-owner that has taken over DirecTV which means acquisition of systems and personnel again just like when AT&T first got DirecTV. I hope any bumps along the road are short lived and it goes a lot smoother than AT&T's original acquisition.

To put it simply, call to dispute and if it continues file a BBB complaint.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.