Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

N

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jul 1, 2022 8:30 PM

Multiple homes

Since the DTV chat option doesn’t work (again)……is there a discount for having more than one system on one account?

Accepted Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

3 m مضت

Multiple homes = multiple accounts. Each is tied to their own physical service address for locals, RSNs, and taxes paid.

There is no multi-account/home discount.

To help save costs, if you travel seldomly (like seasonal snowbirds for example), you can suspend service for up to 6 months within a 12-month period. That way you only pay for the account currently in use as needed.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

3 m مضت

Nope

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

3 m مضت

You can't have multiple systems on one account.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

3 m مضت

Each DIRECTV account is only good for one home address. If you tried using two receivers in two homes, this would be considered mirroring theft by them. 

Please elaborate. What do you mean by ‘system?’ There is no discount for adding additional receivers if that is your question. Each receiver costs an additional $7/mo as this is the access fee.

• 

3 Messages

3 m مضت

Thank you, you explained that well.

• 

3 Messages

3 m مضت

Detuch254

By system I meant all the equipment and programming so I would have 2 systems, one at each house. Right now I have DTV in Ga and cable in NY. Thinking of switching the cable to DTV. Now I understand that would require 2 accounts with no discount for having 2 vs 1. Thank you for your reply.

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

3 m مضت

@nyybillsfan thanks for confirming that. As stated before, one account is ONLY good for one home. DIRECTV wouldn’t give you a discount if they found out you were doing that, they would give you an immediate termination.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.