Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums

Connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

4 Messages

Saturday, August 12th, 2023 10:28 PM

NFL Red Zone and Sports Pack Add O

I see that direct tv is offering the Red Zone channel in 2023 which is great news since Sunday Ticket has moved.  I am very confused on whether or not I will get this or will need to pay more by purchasing the sports pack.    I currently have the Ultimate package and have almost every channel that is in the Sports Pack in my daily lineup.  If I go to add ons for my account the Sports Pack does not appear as an option.  So will I get the Red Zone channel or will I have to pay full price for the Sports Pack, and figure out some way to add it since i can't see it as an option, when I already have almost all of those channels?  

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Yes, in order to get the Red Zone you will have to pay $14.99 for the sports pack on top of what you are already paying.  But you will get a few extra channels besides the Red Zone that are not included in the Ultimate package. There is no workaround to get this channel.

4 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for the answer.  I guess i will have to call them because right now it does not even shiw the Sports Pak as an add on that is available to me.  Hate i have to pay full price when i already have almost all the other channels in it, but i guess it is the way it is.  Making YouTube TV more and more enticing.   

ACE - New Member

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

You are welcome.  Just so you know even with YouTube TV you would still have to pay extra to get the Red Zone channel.  But if you have access to the internet and can stream you could always get NFL+ Premium it has Red Zone which is $79.99 for a year which breaks down to about $6.67 a month which would be cheaper in the long run than adding the Sports Package through Directv.  

1 year ago

I had the ticket on DTV since 1996, but didn’t add the red zone channel as I really didn’t need it.   Now that the ticket is not offered anymore, did DTV just throw the red zone channel in with their sports pack?

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

1 year ago

I believe you would still need to pay for the SPORTS PACK as it is only FULLY included in the Premier Package. To add it to your account in order to receive NFL RedZone, call DIRECTV (number in my greeting below) and say 'billing' to the robot. As far as I know, the cost for DIRECTV Sports Pack is $15/month.

4 Messages

1 year ago

Is it fully included in Premier or only Ultimate?  Guidance has been confusing. As a Premier service subscriber I have no option to add sports pak, but I already get all those channels except one or two

ACE - New Member

• 

5.2K Messages

1 year ago

It is ONLY INCLUDED IN PREMIER

4 Messages

1 year ago

My apologies, I have Ultimate and not Premier.   Hard to figure out which word means better... Lol.   I do not have the Sports Pack but have almost all the channels in it.  When I go to my account Sports Pack is not available as an add in.  Only see some Soccer add on under sports options.  

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

1 year ago

The Sports Pack includes over 35 Regional Sport Networks (RSNs) and specialty sport channels that wouldn't be part of the Ultimate package. In Choice or above you get your in-market RSNs.

Only the Premier package includes the Sports Pack. All other packages it is an add-on, just like the 4 Movie packs of HBO, Cinemax, Starz (includes the Encore channels), and Showtime. Once you are at Ultimate and a 4-pack, than Premier is more economical.

To make it easy, from lowest to highest: Family, Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra (or Preferred Xtra for those that watch little to no sports), Ultimate, Premier.

Premier is the ONLY package that includes the 5 premium packs (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Sports Pack.

Ultimate has the Encore channels.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.